Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned

I come from a different place than the perspective you're looking for, so I don't have much to offer on that front. But I just wanted to say that I love your question and the way you're asking it.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:15 PM

As someone new to the 'poly lifestyle' myself,please take your time,it is certainly not easy and it challenges alot of previous ideals we all were brought up with. I always struggled with monogamy because I always thought one person 'should' satisfy me and I became intensely frustrated when that didn't happen...that has been the biggest revelation for me,that I can have more than one person in my life to satisfy different needs..In some parts of my life 'labels' are necessary but in realtionships I have found them a burden..
Communication is the key and like LovingRadiance said,it may even strengthen your relationship with your husband...you don't have to learn it all in one go but learning to express your emotions fully is a powerful experience and something I never really appreciated until now.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:55 AM

Ceoli ~ Thanks I would still like to hear yours too, even if it comes from a different place.

FitChick ~ "I always struggled with monogamy because I always thought one person 'should' satisfy me and I became intensely frustrated when that didn't happen...that has been the biggest revelation for me,that I can have more than one person in my life to satisfy different needs.." This is a statement I can relate to. I ended up marrying the guy who satisfied the most needs and six years later, ok really since the start I've been trying to get bits and pieces of other needs met by friends, but it's not really fulfilling that way.

Just an update.. We're talking about expanding our ideas of some small boundaries and opening up discussion on possibly creating new concepts of what cheating is. So, online flirting with others on this game we play for example. A baby step and we are going to hash out the details and talk about it more before we consider opening this up, especially our feelings and what this means about our relationship.