Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 01:42 PM

Reviving this thread because I need to get serious about losing weight again. Who else here has that as a goal and wants to check-in and support each other with that?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-18-2013, 02:17 PM

I'm with ya - I fell off the exercise bandwagon after moving, working OT at work, and just trying to figure out my time with the kids, post-divorce (not wanting to go out for a run when it's my time with them - that sort of thing). My eating habits have turned to crap. It's time to be held accountable again.

I don't have a scale, but I'll keep track of my exercise habits, mileage out on the road, and clothing sizes. Let's do this. <cracks knuckles>

Heading out for a run (plod) today at lunch. Planning to get two miles in. Feel free to menace me if I don't check in later.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM

I lost 88 lbs of the baby weight. I'm hoping the last bit will be gone next month when I do a month of raw vegan in June. Unfortunately I always gain a ton of weight when I'm pg. Thankfully I always lose it. This 4th baby was my last
Old 06-18-2013, 04:56 PM

Got my plod in today - wahoo!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:58 PM

Thanks for reviving this thread NYC :-). I was still subscribed to it and it flashed through on my email. Intro post for quick catch up as to where I am in terms of poly, (quite excited).

Anyway, Ive lost 40lbs in weight using HCG drops, and Zen's lost 20. Unfortunately they aren't legal in the US but plenty of people still manage to get them, you just have to make sure you get the real thing. There's a good HCG forum with all the relevant details. It's hard but it's the best weight loss I've ever found.: -). Will catch up on everyone's current status over the next few weeks.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:07 AM

Yep, the 88 lbs I list was doing hcg. I love it, no way could I have list 88 lbs in 5.5 months on any other plan. I did injections. Right now I'm doing phase 3. So far, so good.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 AM

I lost 10 pounds earlier in the year, then started working and totally stopped working out/dieting/etc.

I've managed to maintain, but this morning I started working out again. This week's grocery trip was all perimeter (produce, fresh meat, and a wee bit of dairy) and the CSA starts this weekend so I won't even have to shop for veggies much longer

My goal: lose another 60 pounds.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 AM

What is HCG? If it's one of those things that prevents the body from absorbing fats, I think I'll pass. I'll see ifI can find the forum you mentioned - can you PM me the site's URL?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-20-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:10 PM

No, you take the hcg and follow a strict low calorie diet. It works by making your body use abnormal fat stores for energy. So you aren't losing the good fat your body needs. I average .5 lb per day losses. Followed by a 3 week stabilization phase that resets your body weight so you don't just have gain back.

This diet works really well for me because I like very structured diets. I went from a size 20 to a 10.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Lightbulb

It took me 4 years to get to a weight i feel comfortable with. I find the trick is to come up with a plan to follow everyday(something you can see yourself doing everyday that is!) and reevaluating that plan each month. The hardest part is mental- the body will follow the mind.

Last edited by nycindie; 06-20-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: link removed

Tags
loss, self-esteem, self-growth, support, weight