Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Default Not Dead Yet!

So new blog! The blog name is a Monty Python reference. Since I seem to dig the death references, decided to continue with that.

Whip comes back from an unexpected trip today. Yay!

I was thinking today that out of all my male lovers, tiny dog (TD) likes Whip the best. It might be because Whip has spent the most time at my place. When I was seeing SW, we spent most of our time at his place. Tiny dog liked SW but never got to know him. TD really feared Oil Man. TD is timid and takes a long time to get used to new people so fearful is not unusual for him. But he never took to Oil Man and would not get near him.

But TD will go sit in Whip's lap when I am unavailable and give me a look that says 'Fine! *HE* will pet me! Humphh!'. And Whip does. He's paid attention to the fact that I am a crazy dog lady, and if you want me, then be good to my dog. He will walk with TD and I in the woods - one of my favorite things to do - even though it isn't high on his list of fun things in life.

And there is something extra freakin' adorable about a tall man walking a small dog. That visual always makes me giggle and gives me warm fuzzies.

In other news, I am starting an exercise program at the Y - circuit training, cardio, aqua aerobics. Maybe pilates if I can ever fit it into my schedule. I am so worried about my health - fearful of becoming diabetic. It feels good to do something about it. Now to work on eating a better diet more consistently.

I am so very hopeful right now.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 AM

I'm happy to read your updates without having to see that gloomy word 'postmortem' every time

Things sound great! Enjoy every minute of it!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:23 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Here is to happy thoughts and a new blog. I have to go comment on your other one, too.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM

New plot, new beginnings! Excited to read the new progressions! And I too think tall man, little dog is something too see.

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 AM

but...can you dance and can you sing? Can you do the Highland Fling?

*waves*

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM

DOMA is unconstitional! WHOO HOOO!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:24 PM

I have a thing for tall guys too and add the tiny dog and that's extra cute
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM

Default good times

Things are going pretty well so not much driving need to write. Plus I have not been enjoying the overall tone of the forum so felt less interest in posting. That seems to be improving recently which makes me glad.

On to the rambly update!

Tiny Dog (TD) now has a roomie, Tiny Cat (TC). TC was under the shed a week ago. She came right to me when I called (it's been brutal hot here so I was very concerned). I've always said I'm not a cat person - like them but no need to have one.

Well looks like I have a cat now. TC is a very small brownish/gray tabby with black stripes. I said I would foster her until a good home is found. But I am kidding myself. I'm attached. She is very sweet, purrs at the lightest touch, likes to cuddle, accepts Bo, and generally seems to enjoy being around people. In fact, TD and TC follow me about the house as I go about my day.

So I have a tiny cat and a tiny dog living in a tiny house. Think I will go find a shoe to live in! And a tuffet to sit on!

Things are going well with Whip. We had a bump a few weeks ago. I do not enjoy seeing him scene with other people. I get territorial. So we have worked out some boundaries that are mostly working for us for now. He doesn't scene in front of me - one of us will go to another part of the dungeon or home or party or whatever. He goes to more BDSM events than I do and can scene there if he wants to. And that has worked well to date. I think as time goes on, this boundary will be less necessary for me. But we will see.

We've also had some discussions about how much to tell each other - or more accurately, what I want to know, what I need to know and what I don't want to hear. I do want to know if he meets someone who may become a play partner, sex partner, dating, whatever. A heads up before they get physically involved is appreciated but not an absolute requirement. Safer sex is a requirement for both of us. I want to know if he had a good time at an event, or if he didn't, and why. If there is a change in the relationship with someone else - FWB becomes dating for instance - I would need a heads up about that. If he changes a relationship status on social media, a quick word to me about the change is appreciated. I do want to meet them at some point. Doesn't have to be a big thing - a 'hello, nice to meet you!' at a party is enough.

I don't need to know what they did in the scene or in bed. Knowing sexual or scene details makes me feel all territorial. And not knowing details helps me not play the comparison game. I rarely compare myself to others. But if I start down that spiral of comparison, it can be hard for me to stop.

I don't have a veto - neither does he. But we do have the expectation that we will listen to each other's thoughts on partners. So if he has concerns about someone I am considering, I want to know that. I want the chance to say, if need be, 'Bitch be crazy. You really want to go there?' The decision is then up to him. So far neither of us has encountered someone the other couldn't stand, or put up with.

It's been interesting dealing with the reality that he has more opportunites for sex and play than I do. One reason is that he is more outgoing and actively looking for partners. Another is that I am just more picky than he is. I rarely meet people that I am attracted to and want to pursue something with. Just doesn't happen that often. I have not been particularly interesting in putting in more effort to find partners either. I've been focusing on other things, like my health, my pets, work, hobbies. I've had flashes of jealousy that I am just not getting the attention and action he is (have sympathy for the guys with wives who are more often in this position). But I also wouldn't want all that attention from random people. And while I could put more effort in meeting people, (and maybe I will reactivate my OKC account), I am generally ok with where I'm at.

I am curious how he will handle me having more partners. I have an occasional play partner from before Whip and I started dating but no one else so to date. I wonder how he will react once I date more. It's not a priority for me now, but that will change.

But things are good. Our sexual chemistry is hot, hot, hot, still. Even after two years. And other areas of connection are growing, developing. Overall, I'm pretty happy!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:17 PM

Default Eh.

I find myself annoyed or bored by the forum recently. The whining and ignorance is getting to me. So I am taking a break until I can feel more positively about contributing.

I will update the blog now and then. And folks are welcome to PM me - weary of the forum, not my online peeps!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:30 PM

Ditto on the forum being annoying & boring lately...but I find the blogs section still interesting usually, at least the ones I like to read.

Hope you update occasionally! I'll miss your posts.