Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 AM

Feeling good in this moment. First long moment in a very long time. It lasted seven hours. A record in the last couple of monthes. Going to sleep with a smile and some peace.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:43 AM

Sending you love, red. That's all. Just love.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Feeling good in this moment. First long moment in a very long time. It lasted seven hours. A record in the last couple of monthes. Going to sleep with a smile and some peace.
=]
=]
Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 PM

Just wanted you all to know I went to my doctor and he is doing a full medical and a psych evaluation. I'm sleeping more often and eating more often and my work and home life hasn't been affected. He wasn't overly concerned because of these reasons but likes to be thorough and I am agreeing to that for now. No rush to meds it seems.

Every day I seem to be better. As long as I don't think about what everyone else is doing and how I fit into that. I am working hard to think about MY plan and MY future on my own. With others in mind.

I have been talking a lot with my monogamous friend I met on okc and he has been giving me his mono perspective which includes a bachelor pad and celebacy. I have been thinking that is an option but there are many others. All seem to lead back to something less drastic a change.

My mind is shifting slowly in moments of peace without feeling anxious, devastated and traumatized. The longer time goes on the less abandoned, out of control, out of my body, less busy in my brain. I'm getting my ability to remember things back. I feel less burnt out and over burdened, more conscious of what I do and say and see light at the end of the tunnel. It will take time, I know I keep saying that, but today is a good day and I am grateful to be alive and loving myself. I feel loved too and today that is enough. Gentle and carefully I am carrying on.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 AM

Damn. I wrote a post last night but I see it didn't go through. Ah well. I am writing it again.

Seems my okc mono friend has bailed on me. He had a hard time with my referencing his astrological sign and had a gut feeling about getting to know me. I suspect he had a hard time with my lifestyle choices of raising LB with two men as he told me if I want to be appealing as a partner I should live alone, have joint custody of LB and be celibate for awhile. He thought it strange to be entertaining the thought of monogamy with someone under my circumstance. That being the offer of being monogamous with me but keeping our living situation here.

I don't see how his suggestions are going to benefit me or LB or the guys in any way that is better. I'm not planning on going anywhere. Dating outside of my family monogamously doesn't seem possible as far as he was concerned. I'm not attached to it, just looking at all the options. There is something not right in my life and unturning every rock to find it is important I think. He was part of the rock turning.

I'm not very upset about his saying goodbye. I liked him and we had good chat. I will miss that. It was early days yet though so I suspect the missing will peter out soon enough.

Last edited by redpepper; 06-10-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
He thought it strange to be entertaining the thought of monogamy with someone under my circumstance.
Hmm, well, RP, I think the idea of you being monogamous or celibate would seem pretty strange to anyone who has been reading your blog and all your posts in other threads for the past few years.

So, I am going to just come out and say something that I've tried to say before, in ways that are as nice and polite as possible, but it doesn't seem you really ever got the gist of my message, because you keep going back to this feeling devastated and wanting to escape from what is going on in your life somehow. But here it is in a nutshell: I think that all the turmoil you've been putting yourself through, including considering monogamy and celibacy, is simply about needing attention and to be in control. No judgment - it's just something you want. These are not bad things to admit to oneself. It just is. We`all want to feel special for some reason, especially if needing that special attention gives us a false sense of power and helps us cover up all our insecurities.

And now you feel like the attention you had from all your loves has wavered, and you are not in control of the situation anymore. That is probably what kills you more than anything, because it sure sounds like the people in your life still love and care about you just as much as they always did - but they just started directing more of their attention in other directions, at other people. But were they actually rejecting you? It didn't sound like it, but you made a pre-emptive strike and rejected them.

I, frankly, have been very surprised at how you reacted to the changes in the lives of the people you love and care about. They wanted to expand and you made it all about you. You now come across like an orphan who has been abandoned, someone suddenly bereft of love and kindness in your life. It just doesn't make sense to me that you can be stewing in such pain when you are surrounded by love and caring and honesty. As I've said before, your dream of a poly tribe was coming true, but you are upset because you are not at the helm. People are making choices and sometimes those choices don't include you. But you have so much, many people who love you - your life is so very rich. So, where is the self-love and strength I know you have?

I really hope you can open your eyes to to really see how much love you have in your life, and that you are the only one who is creating the hurt you feel and no one else. I truly hope you can work through this and get past it, Redpepper.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-10-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Hmm, well, RP, I think the idea of you being monogamous or celibate would seem pretty strange to anyone who has been reading your blog and all your posts in other threads for the past few years.

So, I am going to just come out and say something that I've tried to say before, in ways that are as nice and polite as possible, but it doesn't seem you really ever got the gist of my message, because you keep going back to this feeling devastated and wanting to escape from what is going on in your life somehow. But here it is in a nutshell: I think that all the turmoil you've been putting yourself through, including considering monogamy and celibacy, is simply about needing attention and to be in control. No judgment - it's just something you want. These are not bad things to admit to oneself. It just is. We`all want to feel special for some reason, especially if needing that special attention gives us a false sense of power and helps us cover up all our insecurities.

And now you feel like the attention you had from all your loves has wavered, and you are not in control of the situation anymore. That is probably what kills you more than anything, because it sure sounds like the people in your life still love and care about you just as much as they always did - but they just started directing more of their attention in other directions, at other people. But were they actually rejecting you? It didn't sound like it, but you made a pre-emptive strike and rejected them.

I, frankly, have been very surprised at how you reacted to the changes in the lives of the people you love and care about. They wanted to expand and you made it all about you. You now come across like an orphan who has been abandoned, someone suddenly bereft of love and kindness in your life. It just doesn't make sense to me that you can be stewing in such pain when you are surrounded by love and caring and honesty. As I've said before, your dream of a poly tribe was coming true, but you are upset because you are not at the helm. People are making choices and sometimes those choices don't include you. But you have so much, many people who love you - your life is so very rich. So, where is the self-love and strength I know you have?

I really hope you can open your eyes to to really see how much love you have in your life, and that you are the only one who is creating the hurt you feel and no one else. I truly hope you can work through this and get past it, Redpepper.
I don't actually feel like what you suggest any more. I don't want to be at the helm of anyone's life but my own. Why? Because I suck at relationships right now and I don't deserve anyone. I don't expect anything and they shouldn't expect anything from me as I have nothing to give. Just hope. Not because I feel sorry for myself but because it's the truth. I don't deserve anyone and yet people are here around me anyway with love and support. I feel as if I used people to get something from them. To boost myself up so I don't have to look after myself. It makes me feel ashamed and weak. I will be glad to change that.

Here I stand squarely looking myself in the face and owning my shit. I'm making myself do this work. I felt it coming for a long time in the form of fear of abandonment and a need to stay busy to avoid and now I'm facing it all. For the first time since LB was born (he just turned ten), I spend huge amounts of time staring into space thinking thinking thinking. Letting all the fear wash over me. Making myself be alone and living in that fear and quiet space of doing nothing. Its a meditation of sorts.

I am wondering, in my exploring monogamy, if really I only have room to take care of me and possibly one other. To be blessed with the love and undivided attention of one and to do the same towards them seems fitting to where I am at at the moment in my life. One person to think about over me. That is reasonable no? I can still be close and friends with others and just not call them partners. Still a tribe, just different expectations in the definition of the relationships. Not as much ownership and control. Backing away from the responsibilities of being constantly in demand and on call to be present in everyone's life I am close to. The change of relationship definition could be my key to successfully looking after ME first.

There is love there in how I see my tribe and those I hold close... just not romantic love. I'm okay with that. Romantic love seems to die out anyway into friendly care and comfortableness. Why call that love something it isn't. I love my chosen family and don't intend to leave them (in all honesty they may leave me first). I am trying to find new ways to be Redpepper within the tribe. What I speak of here is an option. Just one option. Isn't it best to look at all options? Right now this one is on the fore front.

Last edited by redpepper; 06-10-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:30 AM

Romantic love die out....

Hmmm.

I can't help but ponder-
I definitely have it with Maca and GG.
I have had times it wasn't there.
It seems to fluctuate, but it always returns.
20 years now with GG.
15 with Maca at least, if I include the first "puppy love desires"... 25 years....
Old 06-10-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Romantic love die out....

Hmmm.

I can't help but ponder-
I definitely have it with Maca and GG.
I have had times it wasn't there.
It seems to fluctuate, but it always returns.
20 years now with GG.
15 with Maca at least, if I include the first "puppy love desires"... 25 years....
Well. Maybe it will come around for me too. I just hqve an appreciation for their presence in the house and for my role. It makes me feel as if I am needed as a contributing member.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Banned

Haven't you already "explored monogamy"? Or is that some new, uncharted territory no one has ever navigated before?

#justwondering #captainobvious #asksthequestionsoneveryoneelsesminds

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee