Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 06:16 AM

One of n's lady friends is 30 years his senior. As long as you are comfortable its fine. I'm 33 and personally I prefer younger partners
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM

There is 15 years age difference between Whip and I. (I'm the Mrs. Robinson.) If you are honest and open about your situation, what you can realistically offer, and he does the same, then there are no ethical concerns.

Have you met him in person yet?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 AM

Default Thank you all

Thank you all for the great advice and the sharing of your stories. I am not certain if I am self defeating or just a plain old chicken, but I cancelled the date... Not having a very large organized poly community in our area, we have trouble meeting like minded people, and I am thinking that I have given up and taken on a defeatest attitude about it and allowing that to negatively affect my choices. I cannot say I regret not going, but I can say that I learned a great deal about myself during the process of communication with him. I believe I will be much more open to it should it happen to me again in the future (not that I expect it to as it is not common in my life, so far)

Thanks again, everyone... I too wish I got carded as often as Boring Guy
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 AM

I'm sorry to hear you refused to meet a nice guy just because he's a mere 10 years younger than you... My gf is 22 years younger than me and we've been together now 4 1/2 years. We are now 57 and 35. I've dated lots of men in their 20s, with some just first dates and with others relationships lasting 7 months to 2 years. Had a lot of fun, laughs and insight into life and who I am.

But then I'm young at heart. Most men I've dated in their 40s and older seem to bore me with their stories of the old days, and being really set in their ways, maybe even having erectile dysfunction!

My bf Ginger is the exception. He's 60 and we are a good match. Generally he dates much younger women as well!

The main problem I've found with the younger guys (under say, 27) is that they may not have much money, or a car, or gas for their car.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 05-29-2013, 06:22 PM

Default You're fine...

I've been dating younger (way younger) since becoming single after 19 years over 2 1/2 years ago. It IS different now. Both the guys I'm with are in their 20's with one being 22. A very young looking 22 at that. Neither of us are forgettable as far as our appearances go & I was worried at first that people would look at us strangely. Nope, nothing. No one looks at us funny. It's awesome.

Go for it. You'll be just fine.