Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2013, 03:55 PM

When I really stop and think about the way things have been going instead of what I'm afraid of, I realize he has been very attentive to me and very sweet and supportive. It's all just so new and I have no past experience to relate to this. Sent him off this morning to spend a couple days out of town with L, and so far I'm ok. Mostly annoyed that the wifi at the house isn't working and he's not here to fix it so I'm stuck with just my phone for Internet access. Wish I was more tech savvy.

J and I are completely new to poly and trying it out to get both our needs met without abandoning our relationship, which works tremendously well on every other level.

J has recently started dating L and says he thinks he loves her. I am alternately happy and terrified about it.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:51 PM

Default question for the men from a married man

Hello guys. My main question/problem here is how to meet women genuinely intersted in poly? I find that my wife can find men no problem, as most of you can probably confirm in regards to your own partners, but for me it is an exercise in frustration. Conventional dating sites are no help as being 51 and married puts me (in my observation) at a big disadvantage. An online friend who is divorced and poly told me that she will not talk with any married man on a dating site as she assumes that they are looking for a mistress or on the verge of divorce and lining up the next wife. I can't help but wonder if most women think the same way especially since I have run across women who would talk with me once in a while, but wanted to know if I was getting divorced or said they do not talk with married men, period. I tried ourtime, thinking that 40 and 50 some women might be different, but true to form, profile after profile had "looking for the one/soulmate" in it. I did talk with a couple of women who were married, but it soom became obvious that they were looking to "upgrade" husbands, meaning they were not happy in their marriage and were looking for a man to "rescue" them, in otherwords to give them a reason to file for divorce then remarry. It has been my observation that single women are for the most part too obcessed with finding a husband to consider poly and married women are not allowed to have male friends or as I said looking for a "better" husband. Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
In my experience, NRE tends to rekindle passion in current relationships. The feel good chemicals spill over and everyone benefits. Ymmv.
Thank you for this. I see the truth of it now. He is home from his overnight with L and is extra appreciative of me today. It's all good right now and I worried over nothing. I spent too much time reading the posts from people having problems... I look forward to spending more time with her and getting to know her at least a little bit.

J and I are completely new to poly and trying it out to get both our needs met without abandoning our relationship, which works tremendously well on every other level.

J has recently started dating L and says he thinks he loves her. I am alternately happy and terrified about it.