Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 PM

I first learned about polyamory when I was 20. I tried it with my high school sweetheart, my best friend and my current SO. My high school sweetheart wound up marrying my best friend and I wound up marrying my SO. We weren't ready, we were young and did it for all the wrong reasons. I have avoided it for so long for fear of that happening with my SO. 13 years later, I look back and realize I have been doing it all along. There just didn't happen to be sex involved. I don't think I could ever truly just be with one person. The one time I did do that, it was toxic and unhealthy. I have lots of love and caring to go around

C-Boyfriend - Pansexual, Heteromantic, Poly. "Open, but not looking".

Courage isn't the absence of fear, but the judgement that something else is more important than fear. -Ambrose Redmoon

Tags
boundaries, cheating, coming out poly, commitment, defintion, description, descriptions, discovery, dissatisfaction, first time, happiness, history, introduction to poly, learning, mono poly, mono/poly, new to polyamory, opening a relationship, poly, relationship issues, scale