Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 PM

IUDs can bring a host of problems for some. Others have no problems. Read all you can about them and discuss it with your doctor to see which one will work best for you. Some people complain of intense cramps, increased anxiety, depression, and others say it has done wonders in a positive light. No two cases are the same. Some of them can get displaced, and then, you will have the pleasure of going to your gynaecologist and undergoing an ultrasound to locate it. Ectopic pregnancy and rejection are common like with your SIL and friend. All those things need to be weighed and taken into consideration.

I had an implant put in my arm. Implanon/Nexplanon worked for me until I had it removed to conceive baby #1. #2 was conceived while I was off of it.

A vas is not such a terrible idea. Remember there is a procedure for reversal and Q had the option to store his sperm at a cryobank in case he later decides he wants to have children with you. Just throwing that idea out, too. The cost of reversal for a vas here is around 1,995, while the cost of a reversal for a tubal pushes 6,200. Easy to see why the first choice is usually the one most go with.

My Blog
Old 05-23-2013, 12:05 AM

Damn it, he saw this before I got to talk to him. He said he's offended. Of course, he's working and I'm out with my cousin so we can't talk about it now.

He did text and say that ditching the condoms is not the original or main reason he mentioned a vas.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 AM

We haven't worked out the whole birth control thing yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from the doctor about the Nuvaring. I don't know for sure that I want kids. I always assumed I would have them. I think I want one. I don't know.

Having a child with someone else or without Q's involvement (as a parent, if not biological) is not an option for us. Yes, vasectomies can be reversed, but it doesn't always work. The freezing the sperm is an interesting idea though.

Anyway, enough on that. The three of us went to the baseball game last night. It was really nice. We paid almost no attention to the game, but sat around and ate and talked. We left during the 7th inning. Apparently, our team scored all their runs after we left, so we missed the exciting part. Oh well, none of us really care!

We went to Miss M's place after that, and had some drinks. We played Parcheesi and Miss M kicked our asses. We were there until after 2am. Q kissed her goodnight and I had no bad feelings. It was a really nice evening. I think Miss M was expecting that I would have issues with seeing them kiss, but I was really fine. It was kinda sexy too!

It was really nice to be able to talk openly about our relationships. Q and Miss M have decided they don't want to tell our friends, and I've told them I'll support them either way.

Speaking of friends, one of ours now has an OKC profile. I'm pretty sure he hasn't seen mine, but it could lead to some interesting conversations if he does. He's roommates with Miss M's XBF.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:57 PM

I am glad all 3 of you had a nice hangout night together.

I'm still not understanding why Q can't use condoms. Earlier you said he had a hard time cumming with one on, but then when he left his piercing in, things went better.

I am sure with practice he'd be able to enjoy himself. And even if he can't cum in her vagina (every time), he can fuck her with the condom on, and then pull out and cum from someone's hand or her mouth, or whatever, ultimately.

Putting you through all this effort around hormonal bc or, getting himself a vasectomy when you might want a baby... sigh. Kind of selfish, imho.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 AM

He can and does use a condom with Miss M. I realize I wasn't clear, sorry! I was saying that condoms are not an option for him and me. It's not what we want.

I was projecting my feelings (fears?) about him wanting the vas so he didn't have to
use barriers with her. I was insecure and worried that he was thinking more about their sex life than our possibly having children. He wasn't. I just got scared.

I'm going to call my doctor on Tuesday and talk to her about my options.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:55 PM

Bit of an update.

Q and I are good. Q and Miss M are good. No news with the known players.

I've had a date, have one scheduled with a different guy, and am talking to another guy out of state. I met all three of them on OKC.

My date went well, but I didn't see it going further. Unfortunately, he did, and so we had to have that conversation (that part of dating sucks!). He's a nice guy and we're going to work on being friends.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's date. We're just going to play chess (badly, on my part) or Othello at a cafe.

Vegas guy I met through his wife on OKC. I think they're unicorn hunters, though they're trying to do it "right." I've talked to his wife a bit, but him quite a bit more. He asked me if I ever thought about dating a couple. Told him that I heard it was a hard way to go about things...anyway, I want to ask him what exactly he means by dating a couple, I just haven't done it yet. I enjoy talking to him.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:05 PM

Oh, I started on the Nuvaring too! My doctors finally heard that I just want to try it and yes, I realize it might not do what I want it to do, but I want to try it anyway. I've been on it for like a week. And I've been spotting for 2 1/2 which is making me crazy (sorry, TMI) and complicating my sex life.

Friend with the OKC profile did see mine. Didn't say much, just acknowledged that I have one and that he didn't want to know that about me (my username references both poly and bi, so don't know which part). I don't think he's brought it up with anyone else in our social circle. It wouldn't be a huge deal if he did though.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:12 PM

So, I've been on two dates since I posted last. One with a guy who was in town for only a week (on tour with a show) and another with the guy who canceled before.

No sparks with either, but I had a good time with both. Tour guy was nice and said he'd like to get together again if I'm still here next time he comes through town.

I heard from the other guy a few days after our date, saying he'd had a good time and would like to hang out again, but life is crazy right now and he didn't know when he'd have time. That's ok, I understand crazy lives!

Q and I were talking about visiting Vegas Guy and his wife sometime this summer, and I guess Miss M got a bit sad because she didn't have someone to do weekend getaways with. Which of course, led to her and Q setting up a getaway to San Diego next month. I'm happy for them, but I'm a little jealous. Q and I go to San Diego once a year with my family, but we've never been just the two of us. I think if I figure out what weekend we'll go to Vegas and start planning that, I'll feel better. Q and I rarely get out of town without my parents going with (read: paying for) us. I love that about them and appreciate that they're willing and able to pay for trips for us, but it'll be nice to go alone too.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM

Been a long time since I posted.

Things are going well with Miss M and Q. They even took a 4 day trip out of state together. They had a good time and I had no breakdowns. I did have a few moments of loneliness, but nothing terrible.

Q and I were supposed to go to Vegas, to meet this couple I've been texting, but it didn't happen. We'd all still like to meet, but with school back in session, I don't know when it'll happen since we can't send Loki to his cousins' house when he has school the next day and I don't want to drive 5 hours for a 48 hour trip. Maybe October break.

I haven't had any more dates. Talked with one guy who sent me a penis picture within 20 minutes of getting my cell phone number, then told me we were "very different people" when I wouldn't give him some identifying information about myself. That was the last I heard from him. Ah well.

Everything on OKC has been either terribly written or obscenely inappropriate. I'm not attached at this point. I'm not taking down my profile, but I'm not tweaking it to bring it up in people's feeds either.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 PM

Been a long time since I posted.

Things are going well with Miss M and Q. They even took a 4 day trip out of state together. They had a good time and I had no breakdowns. I did have a few moments of loneliness, but nothing terrible.

Q and I were supposed to go to Vegas, to meet this couple I've been texting, but it didn't happen. We'd all still like to meet, but with school back in session, I don't know when it'll happen since we can't send Loki to his cousins' house when he has school the next day and I don't want to drive 5 hours for a 48 hour trip. Maybe October break.

I haven't had any more dates. Talked with one guy who sent me a penis picture within 20 minutes of getting my cell phone number, then told me we were "very different people" when I wouldn't give him some identifying information about myself. That was the last I heard from him. Ah well.

Everything on OKC has been either terribly written or obscenely inappropriate. I'm not attached at this point. I'm not taking down my profile, but I'm not tweaking it to bring it up in people's feeds either.