Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 01:25 AM

It reads as if we have very different definition about what poly means to us in each case , I do use it pretty narrowly. anyway i'd prefer never having a single minute of sex for the rest of my life than monogamy to be honest and I kind of always knew that.
anyway buddhism is a-lot about taking the middle path between extremes even with regard to the teachings themselves, technically, trying to give up desires is quite important. but teaching being actually compatible with any genuine form of love doesn't mean that practitioners will understand or accept it.

Last edited by Rosque; 05-15-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: [This should be merged with my other post]
Old 03-26-2014, 04:33 AM

I was taught that the Buddha is a sh:tstick.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:35 AM

I've been a practicing Buddhist for a little over a year now, in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, in a very non-dogmatic and westernized Sangha.

It was learning to care for my suffering, and to look deeply at the roots of my suffering, that led me out of jealousy (which I came to recognize as fear), and allowed my husband and I to start the poly conversation.

I was so interested in finding this thread here, even though it is old now. My Sangha practices the version of the five mindfulness trainings that commits us to sex only in the bounds of a monogamous and public relationship. I pretty much vocalize against this every time we study them And I have found that despite that, the only people I can talk to about nontraditional sexual and romantic relationships are in my Sangha. I'm so grateful for this practical application of loving kindness and deep listening!