Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 01:50 PM

Since when its speaking your mind bullying. Since when is calling someone on the carpet on incorporate behavior whether real or perceived wrong?

Google unicorn hunter and you will find that quite a few more people out there besides us meanie pants here on the forums have issue with the mind set of couples who are unicorn hunting.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:12 PM

A lot of us who are anti-unicorn hunters started out as unicorn hunters ourselves and have learned that it's not the best approach to relationships. You can't magically go out and find someone who will seamlessly fit into your (the couple's) life. When I comment it comes from a place of learn from my mistakes and save yourself a lot of heartache.

What I object to is the view that the unicorn in question is some kind of victim if she does get involved with a couple. We're assuming everyone involved are competent adults making decisions for themselves. If they are all going into something that's going to end in an epic shit show they are all equally to blame. I don't think we need to shield potential unicorns from the evil unicorn hunters.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
A lot of us who are anti-unicorn hunters started out as unicorn hunters ourselves and have learned that it's not the best approach to relationships. You can't magically go out and find someone who will seamlessly fit into your (the couple's) life. When I comment it comes from a place of learn from my mistakes and save yourself a lot of heartache.

What I object to is the view that the unicorn in question is some kind of victim if she does get involved with a couple. We're assuming everyone involved are competent adults making decisions for themselves. If they are all going into something that's going to end in an epic shit show they are all equally to blame. I don't think we need to shield potential unicorns from the evil unicorn hunters.
I wasn't a unicorn hunter but my ex was. It never sat well with me and coming only confirmed why. I don't have issues with triads, if N met someone and she and I clicked, awesome but its not a requirement to date him. Nor would I want poly fi. We were in a quad and that is what the other couple wanted and a big part why we parted ways
Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclustit View Post
On the bright side, it does give you the perfect excuse to not having to own up or explain bullying and posting from other accounts without looking stupid or appearing cowardly.

But you aren't technically breaking any user guidelines, so you are in the clear anyways. You shouldn't feel like you have to explain anything.
Boringguy isn't the only one to call you out on your writing, nor the first to get sick of responding to it so please when discussing lack of accountability please note

Quote:
once I get upset I do babble, don't I
Is not offering up any promise to control your impulses.

Natja
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Banned

I have the OP of this thread on my ignore list but i can still see what they wrote when someone else quotes it. That's the shortcoming of that feature; it isn't like fakebook where if you block someone they can't see anything you do and you can't see anything they do.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Default I am not promising to control anything

I don't get upset if nobody responds
Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclustit View Post
I don't get upset if nobody responds
I did not claim that you did, I am just pointing out that you are being hypocritical, you can disagree with the way Boringguy writes that is fair enough but to throw around baseless accusations is pretty rich and then to talk about BG not being accountable when you have been told many times now that the way you write is unfocused (being kind) and you brush it off as a part of your character when you get "upset". Well maybe BG gets sarky when upset?

As a fellow sarky person I can sympathise, mind you I am also prone to ramble, but I try to control it so people can at least get the point I am trying to make, otherwise why bother posting at all if people won't bother to read it?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 PM

Some of us have problems putting thoughts into words. I know that I often run my posts past DH or DC so they can see if it makes as much sense as I think it does in my head. So I get that babbling happens. (I am horrible and being concise sometimes!) However, it's actually a really REALLY good idea, especially when emotional, to take a break, write a response in word or notepad, step back, and then go over it again.

If you are honestly trying to communicate, people assume that you are trying to communicate EFFECTIVELY. Which means taking advice, or clarifying. I don't think the excuse of "That's just the way I am!" works, in anything to be honest. It's like saying you can't change and what it really means is you refuse to.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Banned

I get "sarky" when I get impatient.

I have not been "sarky", impatient, or upset in this entire thread.

I am, however, at my limit when it comes to the OP of this thread and their online persona. I am not now, and have I ever been, "accountable" to such an entity, nor do I expect to be in the foreseeable future.

That said, this thread was/is a good discussion to have. It would be super-groovy if the OP would try to participate in the TOPIC THEY STARTED, instead of following people around accusing them of having sock-puppets.

I request that "dirtclustit" be accountable for what they say. If they are going to hurl accusations, the least they could do is name names. Who are these sock-puppets you speak of? Remember, the moderators can see everyone's IP numbers, and they don't want sockpuppets here. You should click "Report" (the little red and white triangle in the upper right corner of each post) every time you see a post from one of these so-called sockpuppets. Then the admin can look into it and ban whoever is doing that.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
I have the OP of this thread on my ignore list but i can still see what they wrote when someone else quotes it. That's the shortcoming of that feature; it isn't like fakebook where if you block someone they can't see anything you do and you can't see anything they do.
Very annoying indeed