Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 AM

A fair bit this year, I've been slowly getting to know more people, one by one. Not necessarily in person, but that doesn't make them any less great for me. =]

Most of these new friendships have spawned from diving into conversations with friends, and having their mutual friends join in with me.

I've also been making tighter connections with people who were already at aquaintance levels with me. People I'd already met in the past, but never made massive efforts to talk to.

What brought it to my attention, really, is that a musical project I'm working on at the moment, it consists almost entirely of these kinds of people. Ideas have been thrown about, and spawned a more professional relationship, as well as a personal one.

It also shows me that there is a great bit of truth in the "making connections" statement, when it comes to moving up the career ladder. Even if I'm still at the bottom of the ladder, at least I'm actually on it now. =P

I thought it was a great bit of information to share with you guys. The fact that it isn't just our romantic relationships that we have to work on in life. =]

<3
=]
Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 PM

New recent just now plan of action for me.

I have a musical project i've been working on since about November, and haven't gotten all too far into it yet. I've done a whole ton of planning work, and writing notes here, there, everywhere. Even managed to do a few rough sketches for some artwork.
But I haven't been able to get many ideas in the music down yet.

So my plan, for an entire month, every day, is to do -something- that pushes forward the music. I'm hoping I can manage to go on longer, but I feel a month is a good goal to try for.

I don't expect to throw each day's bit of the project up here as it happens, but perhaps after the month of work is done, I'll have a little something to share. I'll be taking pictures of what I do, as I go. So at the end of the month, I can look back, and see how it all developed.

I also don't expact to have a finished piece by the end of it, but I'd love to at least get the majority of something down. A rough draft, or something. Because I have many other musicians working in the recording stages for me [out of my terrible skills with/not owning a few instruments], it would be very difficult to get everyone organised by the end of a month into something fully complete.

=]
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Bit of an internal update here. Internal as in my own thoughts, but also, as something connected with us all, here.

I feel I don't contribute enough to the rest of you lately.

I came to this site with lots of energy, and lots of questions. I was welcomed warmly by many. A lot of you still here, now! Hi there! *waves*
and I took and took, and even took all that was given.

Sure, I was rather active myself, at the time. But I always felt it was for my own benefit. Although selfishness, in a sense, is certainly not a bad thing, I've never felt like I want to be. I'd give everyone the world, if I could.

My current thinking, though, has been with places like this. The personal areas we carve out on the site. Where we fall back, and project ourselves outwards to each other.
and this seems to be all I do.
When I feel like adding to the forums, it's almost always here, in my own safe place. I'm even doing it now!

But I feel I should be coming in and talking with the rest of you. Freely moving about all your stories, and joining in what seems to be a lot of good chatter. I read a lot of it. I just never engage. I know some people like to keep their blog space personal, and some people allow free conversation to take place. I'm a free conversation guy, myself! Let's talk about anything here!
But that is where I find one of the first problems. I'm no good at judging something so social. When is the right time and place to join in? Other than when spelt out directly in the first post. But even then, mind's change, and we sometimes want something different.

I'm quite a straightforward talker, too. I don't have a softer way of putting things. People find my conversational skills to be quite aggressive. Knowing this myself, makes me hold off, too. What if I upset someone? Say something stupid, and get a kick up the arse from the mods?

But I feel that I'm going to start being more involved. I want to dive head first into your internet lives and get to know you all. So really, I just feel like this is a warning, and you should lock your doors whilst you have the chance.

<3
=]
Old 05-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Somegeezer, you are always welcome to comment on my blog thread if you ever feel moved to do so. Although right now it isn't very interesting, as a lot of things in my life are in limbo at the moment. But I won't lock the doors! I've always loved reading your perspective on things.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 PM

Feel free to jump into my blog too. Nothing much is happening in my life so its kind of introspective but feel free to join in if you want to. IP
Old 05-13-2013, 02:46 PM

... and you can talk on my blog, too

I agree that not all blogs lend themselves to 'chatter'. But I always enjoy when someone comments on mine, and that always makes me think "I should engage in the other blogs more" and then I don't, so I understand where you're coming from!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:09 PM

Count mine as an open one too. If I'm going to be an exhibitionist, I want people to watch.
Stakes - very intimate friend
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Somegeezer, you are always welcome to comment on my blog thread if you ever feel moved to do so. Although right now it isn't very interesting, as a lot of things in my life are in limbo at the moment. But I won't lock the doors! I've always loved reading your perspective on things.
I actually read your blog often. I find it very interesting. I've just never found anything particular that I feel would be worth adding. But know that it it interesting, and I am reading! =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitePossibility View Post
Feel free to jump into my blog too. Nothing much is happening in my life so its kind of introspective but feel free to join in if you want to. IP
I've also read your blog a little. Although it's not often I see posts from you around the forum in general. But your posts are quite often interesting to read, too. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
... and you can talk on my blog, too

I agree that not all blogs lend themselves to 'chatter'. But I always enjoy when someone comments on mine, and that always makes me think "I should engage in the other blogs more" and then I don't, so I understand where you're coming from!
I don't think I've ever come across your blog, but I will certainly check it out, now you've invited me.

I also find I tell myself to do a lot more of something, and end up doing less, or never starting. Or I do a lot of it in the beginning, and fade back. Comes with the personality, I suppose. Annoying, oftentimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Count mine as an open one too. If I'm going to be an exhibitionist, I want people to watch.
and I don't believe I've seen much of anything of yours. Sorry! Though as you are fairly new, I'm sure I can get a free pass.
Again, I'll be sure to read some of your stuff, now the invite.

Hopefully I will find myself interacting more than just reading all of the stuff you guys write. It's just finding the right moments to squeeze myself into a conversation, and have it mean anything.
=]
Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 PM

Seems no matter what plans I put down, I will never follow them for long.

Lately though, I've been feeling way more productive than usual. I've been doing quite a bit more music than I usually get myself to do. I've especially been doing a whole lot of sketching and general image work. Even started a new Linux tinkering project, with the likes of Arch. Exciting!

So as terrible as I am at following even my own guidelines, I'm feeling rather good about how much I'm doing. and not at all feeling burnt out from it.

I have a feeling that a large part of it, has been to do with cutting down on gaming.
Not by active choice. But I've felt myself not really finding much new and exciting in terms of gaming. I'm sure that'll kick up near the end of the year, when all the new toys come out, but for now, I'm a little bored with most of it.
So I've found myself throwing myself into my other great loves, of just being a big kid, and creating a mess with everything.

Speaking of being a big kid, I have also been feeling a little more social recently. Only a few weeks ago, I went and visited a new friend, who I'd never met in person before, but who I had a lot of mutual friends with. We got along rather well with chatting over facebook, and a lot of the same interests, and views. Her, and her general social circle were the first poly people I knew of in my city, which is a bonus.

Anyways, on our meetup, it was a great, intimate get-together. Just me, her, and her 2 year old daughter. Also met her [primary?] partner later on in the day. Had more great chatting, this time in person. Listened to some really nice Jazz [really surprising, as she's really quite the Punk]. She even made a rather tasty vegan lunch, which I was greatly thankful for.
Ended most of the end of the day [being big kids] and playing with Lego.

I definitely hope to hang about again, and hopefully gain a good, strong friendship. It's rare I enjoy being social, but some people just bring it out of me.
=]

Tags
blog, clarity, fresh, life, somegeezer