Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie View Post
I retract my previous statement, not ALL relationships are about compromise, but most are. When most people are in long term relationships and their wants/needs clash with one another's they try to find a suitable compromise between the two so that both parties are happy, either that or they break up.
While I disagree, I get what you are saying. We are just talking about two fundamentally different ideas of what constitutes a healthy relationship. You are not alone in disagreeing with me on this... just read through these boards a bit and you'll see that pretty much every time my avatar is on the page, someone is disagreeing with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie View Post
I guess I meant I wouldn't want to be a relationship with someone who wouldn't want to help me if I was in pain or struggling, that doesn't mean they have to, but that if it was within their own ability they would want to try.
On this we are in complete agreement.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 05-12-2013, 01:48 PM

It happens, I don't think that there's anything wrong with how you do relationships, in a way I kind of admire it. However, every relationship is different and has different needs, so it only makes sense that every one is going to function differently.

Also, I retract my adult comment. Apparently I was confused by media, given the amount of fuss they make on TV about turning 21, I always assumed that was the official 'coming of age' date, so I thought that was when people were officially adults. I was corrected on this. I now feel a little silly but oh well.