Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
I don't know, eventually a nice Ferris wheel keeps looking attractive once you've barfed enough on the other rides. Ya get tired of some adventures that take too many of your conscious thoughts and start wanting to have others that aren't so negatively taxing.

Explorers don't always climb mountains, sometimes they walk around them to get to their destination.
Whatever, redpepper say roller-coaster no fun, Boring Guy say ferris-wheel boring.

You no say why bumper car no good?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM

I found 3 serious partners to be too many. Right now I've got 2 serious partners and am still chatting with young men, I guess looking for a nice semi-casual funtime guy. But one after another, these young men poop out on me! But enough about me.

Having 4 serious partners, plus a child to raise, plus a fulltime job, sounds like quantity over quality, and permanent residence in Burn-Out City, to me! Fuck the amusement rides. It just sounds like work, work, work. Like a flustered hen in the barnyard trying desperately to herd her flock of chicks, squawking and fussing away. Bleh.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Last edited by Magdlyn; 04-28-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Like a flustered hen in the barnyard trying desperately to herd herd her flock of chicks, squawking and fussing away. Bleh.
It sounds more like herding cats to me.

Let the similies and metaphors flow freely!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:59 PM

Mono has found someone he likes, is not cheating and we all know. I guess we will all be adjusting. Mostly me. He wanted to try poly out so here he is. Its better than the cheating but still hard for me. We are so not on the same path right now. He says its not about specific people but a shift in his thinking about his relationships. He tried doing it his way and it didn't work so now he's trying it my way. I guess we shall see what happens.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Banned

I'm curious. How would you feel if instead, mono realized he is bi and met a man instead of a woman? Would it make any difference to you?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
I'm curious. How would you feel if instead, mono realized he is bi and met a man instead of a woman? Would it make any difference to you?
nope. Likely not. Why?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned

Why what?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
Why what?
Why did you ask, I would assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Mono has found someone he likes, is not cheating and we all know. I guess we will all be adjusting. Mostly me. He wanted to try poly out so here he is. Its better than the cheating but still hard for me. We are so not on the same path right now. He says its not about specific people but a shift in his thinking about his relationships. He tried doing it his way and it didn't work so now he's trying it my way. I guess we shall see what happens.
I think it's great that he's open to trying something new. He's been around you and the poly lot for so long, perhaps he's seeing how much good it really is to be open.

I don't understand why you feel down about it. I certainly don't understand why you'd feel you wanted to go the opposite direction, either.
My guess is oversaturation. You're putting too much work on yourself, for things you need not worry about. =]
=]
Old 05-06-2013, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
I think it's great that he's open to trying something new. He's been around you and the poly lot for so long, perhaps he's seeing how much good it really is to be open.

I don't understand why you feel down about it. I certainly don't understand why you'd feel you wanted to go the opposite direction, either.
My guess is oversaturation. You're putting too much work on yourself, for things you need not worry about. =]
yes. You're probably right. I think if I had a chance to heal from his having gone behind my back and breaking my trust then I feel more confident. I am left eith no choice but to go with it.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 AM

I'm sad that your life seems so tough just now. Thank you for continuing to write about it and to share about Mono's change in thinking - this is something that is very useful to me right now.

I hope that things settle down for all of you soon and that you are able to share more happy times with us again.

IP

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee