Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post

It's nothing fancy, a 1962 3 bedroom ranch, eat in kitchen, hardwood floor living rm with working fireplace, full bath in the hall, half bath off the master bedroom (original pink tile in there! squee!). Downstairs, the basement is refinished, big family room there, big laundry room, storage room, another half bath, walk out door and sunny windows. OK sized lot backing onto conservation land. No garage, but a driveway, deck off the kitchen and a new shed.

What's the bathtub like?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:07 PM

I had a 2 hour chat convo with Art last night... Mmmm, it was very nice. At some point he friend requested me on Fetlife. We've already been FB friends for years. There is a link to his music, guitar playing and singing, on his FL profile, and it was quite good. I am such a sucker for a man with musical talent. (Ginger plays and sings, so did my ex husband.) I'm a born groupie. Art went to school for musical theater, I believe, and he's got his finger in a lot of pies, music-wise.

I see one of his interests is ropes. Yay!

This is so refreshing and encouraging after the stupidity with Blondie and BB. I admit I'm feeling a touch of NRE. I showed Ginger Art's FL profile and music links and he quite approves. He's always so supportive. Actually I think he gets kinda turned on by other men paying me attention.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 04-30-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
What's the bathtub like?
Hehe, ordinary 1960s tub, big enough for miss pixi but definitely not for me or Ginger!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Master, 32
Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hehe, ordinary 1960s tub, big enough for miss pixi but definitely not for me or Ginger!
Oh well. Still sounds like a nice place!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:44 PM

Time for an update. I've been in my new house now for a week and a half! miss p and I love it here so much. We have been going between unpacking and organizing, to catching up on sleep, sex and nutrition (shopping and cooking for ourselves instead of takeout during the move).

Ginger has visited 3 times, and I am going to see him again tomorrow. I've been chatting him less on IM lately because of the work of unpacking and getting to know the neighborhood etc., and feel bad to have been neglecting him, but he is perfectly understanding. Things are just so complicated til we get more settled. I'm glad we are managing face to face dates more though! Since that was the point!

On his visits he's been helping us with things like hanging a new light fixture in the kitchen and other things needing upper body strength.

Today I am bringing miss p to her apartment so she can start packing up her stuff in earnest. She's brought a few things here, but needs to pack for the actual big move. She is going to stay there a few days, and I will come back here to take care of the dog and keep unpacking.

We've seen deer, turkeys, and other wildlife. The 5000 acres of woods just out back really seems to make our air quality quite fresh here. A bonus we didn't expect!

A week ago, Art let me know he does not have a car and indicated he'd like me to drive the 50 miles to Providence to see him! Ack! Not really what I am needing to be doing now, driving all that way for a new partner when I just moved to be WITH miss p full time and much CLOSER to Ginger! Darn it! I was sure Art was getting back in touch because he now had a car and would come to me! Oh well, maybe some day he'll get a car. I still feel we are a good match, relationship-wise.

Master, 32
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
A week ago, Art let me know he does not have a car and indicated he'd like me to drive the 50 miles to Providence to see him! Ack! Not really what I am needing to be doing now, driving all that way for a new partner when I just moved to be WITH miss p full time and much CLOSER to Ginger! Darn it! I was sure Art was getting back in touch because he now had a car and would come to me! Oh well, maybe some day he'll get a car. I still feel we are a good match, relationship-wise.
Can't he take a bus or rent a car? Sheesh, a little independence would be so attractive, right?

BTW, lovely to hear about the beautiful woods and fresh green air behind your new house. It sounds great. It will be a process to settle in, but it seems you're both doing fine.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 05-15-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:57 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Congrats on the new home. I hope you and Miss P are enjoying it. I hope the two of you have fun packing at her place and unpacking at the new one.

Kudos to Ginger for being understanding. He is contributing and helping to make your house into a home.

I am envious of the fresh air and open space that you just described.

Well, the thing with Art is good because he is a match relationship-wise. The car thing can be worked out in time. Maybe he lives close to everything and has no need for one. Either way it goes, I hope it works out for you both.

My Blog
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Can't he take a bus or rent a car? Sheesh, a little independence would be so attractive, right?
Well, I did suggest that, and he acknowledged it, but then reiterated he'd be "happy to host."
Quote:
BTW, lovely to hear about the beautiful woods and fresh green air behind your new house. It sounds great. It will be a process to settle in, but it seems you're both doing fine.
Thanks! We are doing well. Miss P has some separation anxiety issues around leaving her apartment but she will deal with it. She's come a long way psychologically in the past four years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
Congrats on the new home.
Thanks, Ry! It's so much more peaceful and relaxing here, but we are only 40 mins from Boston if we need or want to go.

Quote:
Kudos to Ginger for being understanding. He is contributing and helping to make your house into a home.
Yes. He's not a man to be vocally effusive in his love, but would rather show it with acts of service, and right now, that is just what is needed.

Quote:
I am envious of the fresh air and open space that you just described.
Maybe you'll get some of that in Australia.

Quote:
Well, the thing with Art is good because he is a match relationship-wise. The car thing can be worked out in time. Maybe he lives close to everything and has no need for one. Either way it goes, I hope it works out for you both.
Yeah... he's a singer songwriter, actor, puppeteer, Renn Faire sort of guy, and doesn't have much money. I know he's got a gf who is splitting from her husband, but she also has a Dom, and Art says he has a few playpartners... maybe one day I will become one of those. He seems like such a nice guy, horny, kinky, cuddly, sincere, smart.

Master, 32
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:

As a lifelong Rhode Islander, I feel the need to point out that Providence is a city in which one really has to have a car in order to live functionally. I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm afraid there might be something really wrong with a guy who lives in Providence but doesn't have a car.

Oh, wait...I read back a few posts, and noticed that Art is only 24 and just out of college. (Sorry, forgot you like 'em young!) I guess that's okay then.

But still, don't get roped into doing all that driving. I've been driving between Providence, western RI, Worcester, the Boston area, and now southern RI for the past 8 years (mostly because of various jobs, sometimes because of various men), and it gets wearisome.

Seriously, the kid needs to get a car.

Love your blog, by the way, Mags. Fun and inspiring!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post

But still, don't get roped into doing all that driving. I've been driving between Providence, western RI, Worcester, the Boston area, and now southern RI for the past 8 years (mostly because of various jobs, sometimes because of various men), and it gets wearisome.

Seriously, the kid needs to get a car.
Yes, I agree! I do love young men, their enthusiasm, humor, freshness and horniness is a lot of fun, but otoh they almost never have much money and even if they have a car, they may not have gas in it!

Another youngun contacted me on okc a couple days ago... same situation. Yummy looking, artistic, smart, friendly, charming, many shared interests, but he was living with his long time gf, she dumped him, he got depressed, couldn't afford the whole rent, sold his car to pay rent, still couldn't manage, and moved back in with his parents near Boston. sigh...

Quote:
Love your blog, by the way, Mags. Fun and inspiring!
Thanks, Meera!
I had the nicest daytime date with Ginger 2 days ago. It's been a while since we've actually gone OUT together, what with all the moving business. But this was different. First I drove to his place along lovely backroads, he showed me his huge clusters of fragrant blooming wisteria and other flowering and budding plants around his place. Then, I drove, since he is feeling very congested from pollen allergies (ironic for a nature lover) and we went to 3 thrift stores/consignment stores in his town and surrounding towns. (My ex h hated to shop, I love that Ginger likes it!)

Finally he had me drive to a nature trail up a big hill to see the pretty view. Oh, it was so nice to be out and about instead of work work work. I'm almost feeling human again! After the hike, we came back to his place for a snack and water. Then back to my cute little house.

Today I am going to miss p's to drop off boxes. My son will be there for a few days to help her pack. I believe she'll be all ready for the movers in a week or so! I will be coming back after a short visit since I am in charge of the dog, and need to keep unpacking, and making space for all her stuff!

Master, 32