Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 03:04 PM

Besides house hunting stress, also, my sister and her husband both had surgery. She needed some cancerous cells cut out of her shoulder, walk in surgery, but she had 8 stitches. Her h, he had a stent put in an artery last year that had grown scar tissue, so it needed redone, 3 days before sister's surgery!. Also, miss p's 10 year old dog has been off her feed, and we took her in for a check up and she was diagnosed with "pre-Lyme disease." So she's on antibiotics for that, and meds for her arthritis.

And then, of course, some sicko has to go and bomb the peaceful Boston Marathon. So upset for all those with dead loved ones, and for those that are injured! Miss P and I had appointments down town the day after the bombing and it was kinda scary to be so near the bombing site!

Sigh... no one else is allowed to get sick and no more attacks on anyone anywhere for a while now, please, Universe!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Congrats on the new home. It will be different, but different is good. Change is necessary. Plus, you are closer to Ginger. Awesomeness all around.

I am glad your back is feeling better. You had a lot going on! Plus, I am sending wishes of speedy recoveries to your sister, BIL, and Miss P's dog.

I wish you well with the packing adventures. May will be here before you know it, so do little by little. If you need motivation, the house has to be properly broken in by Ginger and Miss P. Motivation at its best.

The Boston bombings broke my heart. I was so saddened when that came on the telly. What is going on in the universe today? My heart goes out to those families. I cannot fathom how scary it was being that close to where so much destruction had just occurred. What a tragedy on all fronts.

Sending good vibes your way. No more sickness is allowed around you.

My Blog
Old 04-19-2013, 12:37 PM

I was wondering how close you are to Boston, but wasn't sure. Thought about you when I heard about the bombing. I just can't understand what would motivate someone to do that. I just read a news article that there was a shootout and they have the suspects. Crazy shit. So glad you and yours are okay!!!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-20-2013, 12:32 AM

Luckily miss pixi and I had reasons to come here to my place in Lowell together after spending the weekend and Mon and Tues in Boston. So we weren't on lockdown all day like we would have been, 20 miles away.

They still havent caught the young suspect, but I hear he's in a boat in someone's backyard?! Wish this was over...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Master, 32

Last edited by Magdlyn; 04-20-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:11 PM

OK, an update in the midst of packing...

They caught the younger Tsarnaev brother in a yard in Watertown less than 2 miles from miss p's apartment. Now he's in a Federal facility about 20 miles away from my city.

And in poly updates,

The 29 year old, Blondie... That day we went to Mt Auburn Cem. we had discussed going out for a beer afterward. We are both beer fans, and both used to even brew our own. But he said he feared traffic would be terrible getting back up to NH (it being Easter) so passed on the drink. When we said goodbye after 2 1/2 hours of walking, talking and exploring, he said he had a wonderful time and definitely wanted to do it again. I kissed him on the cheek and he blushed.

So, a few days later, he PMed me to say he'd broken up with his sketchy gf. He was really seeming sad. A few days later I was back in Boston and on the Saturday I asked him if he wanted to go get that beer the next day? There is a pub I love in Allston called the Sunset with 100 beers on tap and hundreds more in bottles. He passed, saying drinking didn't seem like a good idea. I said, well, I didn't mean get drunk, you have to drive back to NH anyway.

But he still turned me down. I was feeling him out though, and he said he, "Woudn't be opposed to hanging out" in the future. "Wouldn't be opposed" wasn't exactly in line with the "Definitely want to do it again" of the previous week... hmmm...

I told him I'd caught the virus mentioned above. The following Friday he messaged me seemingly just to tell me he was going on "a date" the following afternoon with a girl he'd met on okc, how she was a "beer geek" and he was... taking her to the Sunset! The place I'd wanted to go with him and invited him to TWICE! He'd never been there before and used my information to plan a date with someone else.

Grrrr! So I thought for a while what to say. Finally I wrote: "Oh! Wish it was me. Enjoy."

So he writes back, "Will you be in town tomorrow? I am meeting her at 3 and not sure how long we will hang out." In other words... sloppy seconds. An afterthought. Well, I just didn't know what to do. I turned him down, since I was sick, but went ahead and flirted a little, since I was bored. Finally he wrote, "Oh, I think you're hitting on me. hahah"

Well, I left it at that. Boy does not have a clue about dating! He wrote to me to check in after the bombing, I told him we were OK, and I haven't heard from him since.

Kind of jerk-like behavior. I guess he just wanted me as a shoulder to whine on about his gf. Well, I guess I served a purpose.

Master, 32

Last edited by Magdlyn; 04-28-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:44 PM

And the latest young man I've been PMing with, let's call him BB. He started messaging me, all warm and smart and inquiring about my interests in art and poly.

He's 6'1", lean, dark curly hair, big blue eyes and 21. In fact, looks-wise, quite like my old boytoy D.

He wanted to have a date, talk... I told him I was moving 20 miles further south than the 10 miles apart we already are. Then he acted like he couldnt afford gas that far and so could he just see me ONCE before I moved?

I was a bit put out. I said, but what if there is chemistry and we only have one date? I will be sad. He said, Well sometimes one really good date can be just as romantic as a relationship. You always have the good memory and then can wonder for years about her, what she is doing. But he didnt want to make me sad, it was nice getting to know you, Ms Mags.

Well, that just seemed so sweet, I wrote back saying maybe we could do just one date, but I really couldnt til after my move. I said, we could have one romantic date, if that is a fantasy of his. Since he's been talking about art with me, I suggested, how about meeting at this certain museum that also has lovely outdoor sculpture gardens, walk and talk in the May sunshine, and then a drink afterward?

He wrote back to say his life is too busy and disorganized to have a full day to go to a museum with me! Then he implied all he wanted to do was talk and have sex... Oy.

I wrote back just now, telling him I don't fuck on the first date, and what the heck is he doing that he is too busy to spend half a day with me? I know he only works Fri, Sat and Sunday.

I guess maybe he thought he could just come to my place, talk for an hour and then get to the shagging? Or "making love," to use his term. That's "romantic?" lol I guess for a 21 year old, it is.

Master, 32
Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Well, he responded, we PMed back and forth a few times last night. It's over before it began. I guess he really doesn't want to be in relationship with a woman 30 miles away. And another one bites the dust.

But strangely, this other young man I used to chat a lot with has gotten back in touch. Let's call him Art. He writes plays and music, and performs, and is now done with college in western Mass and living down in Providence RI, working for a non-profit.

He asked if we could finally get together and I said, sure, after I am settled in the new house, and he was all excited. Now, he is 50 miles south of me, and it doesn't seem to bother him a bit! He is 24 and I guess he's been crushing on me all these years, despite being poly and having had serious relationships, playpartners and FWBs. Or because he's poly! So, we will see where this leads. He's kinky too, I know that for a fact. Definite plus.

Master, 32
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

SMH @ BB. That might have been a potential headache in the making. "Making love?" Please! Talking for an hour and hitting the sheets is not romantic to me. The 21 year old mind is an interesting thing.

I hope things go well with Art. How cute that he was excited. You have to admire the enthusiasm and the lack of excuses like, "You are too far."

And that Blondie fellow? *blank stare* Ugh. That is jerk behaviour to the max. Who wants sloppy seconds? The nerve. He clearly knows nothing about dating.

I hope the packing and/or moving adventures are going well, and that you are feeling better.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 AM

Mags, I wanna hear about your new digs. Last you wrote about it, you signed the lease but the owner hadn't at that point, and you still needed to do an inspection. Everything go well? Did you move yet? How big is it? Are you going to paint and stuff like that? Inquiring minds (and HGTV addicts) wanna know!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Mags, I wanna hear about your new digs. Last you wrote about it, you signed the lease but the owner hadn't at that point, and you still needed to do an inspection. Everything go well? Did you move yet? How big is it? Are you going to paint and stuff like that? Inquiring minds (and HGTV addicts) wanna know!
I've been packing for a week. miss p and I are going to do the home inspection tomorrow at 530pm. I am moving in on Friday!

It's nothing fancy, a 1962 3 bedroom ranch, eat in kitchen, hardwood floor living rm with working fireplace, full bath in the hall, half bath off the master bedroom (original pink tile in there! squee!). Downstairs, the basement is refinished, big family room there, big laundry room, storage room, another half bath, walk out door and sunny windows. OK sized lot backing onto conservation land. No garage, but a driveway, deck off the kitchen and a new shed.

It's not all modernized like that other one i wrote about, but it's only 7 miles from Ginger. Close to lots of shopping too. Nice sort of cul de sac neighborhood. Can't wait to be all settled in for the summer!

Master, 32