Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 PM

Default Curious how others "do" V triad relationship?

Hi there,
I'm in a V triad with my boyfriend and his wife (wife and I are just friends). I live about an hour away from them at the moment because of my work situation but plan on moving closer in the near future. I get to see my beloved probably once a week. This is acceptable to me because logistically for the time being it is all we can manage. However, I know once I am living closer to them my beloved and I will see each other more often (which I am really looking forward to). I know it will be a balancing act because in addition, he and his wife have 2 young children under the age of 10, so time management will always be a factor. I'm just wondering from those of you in successful V triads (and I guess I am addressing the "hinge" member here), how do you manage your time between your two loves so that everyone feels satisfied? I'm new to poly and am curious. Thanks!

Me: Straight female in a "vee" with my married poly male partner and his wife, with whom I am friends.

It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love."--John Lennon