Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
Mags, tell the OP a happy story about how there are plenty of hot young guys out there who like to spend sexy-time with hot older women, and how to find them.
Plenty of young hot guys on ok cupid dating site. I've been there 4 years (I'm now 57) and I have lost count of how many men in the 20s and 30s have messaged me. Why just this week I've been communicating with a very lovely 21 year old... He wants a date badly, but I am about to move 20 miles further south than the 10 miles we are now. Of course, guys his age never have much gas money... But we might meet halfway for at least one "romantic" (his word) date. It's not just lust, he is literate and wants to discuss polyamory, music, art, etc.

Anyway! I've had 2 long term relationships with (single, not dating my daughter) 20something men since '09, and a few shorter flings.

Just post some really good pix and write a charming witty profile and wait for those horny, fit, adorably innocent and funny boys to show up!

(Just FTR, I've got a 35 year old gf of 4 years, and a 60 year old bf of 15 months as well, I'm not specifically a cradle robber!)
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Plenty of young hot guys on ok cupid dating site. I've been there 4 years (I'm now 57) and I have lost count of how many men in the 20s and 30s have messaged me. Why just this week I've been communicating with a very lovely 21 year old... He wants a date badly, but I am about to move 20 miles further south than the 10 miles we are now. Of course, guys his age never have much gas money... But we might meet halfway for at least one "romantic" (his word) date. It's not just lust, he is literate and wants to discuss polyamory, music, art, etc.

Anyway! I've had 2 long term relationships with (single, not dating my daughter) 20something men since '09, and a few shorter flings.

Just post some really good pix and write a charming witty profile and wait for those horny, fit, adorably innocent and funny boys to show up!

(Just FTR, I've got a 35 year old gf of 4 years, and a 60 year old bf of 15 months as well, I'm not specifically a cradle robber!)

Whoa, ask and ye shall receive! And i did not even say "please", let alone beg. But yeah, this is where it's at. Plenty of people in the world to experience.

ETA: Also wanted something to offset all the "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't dooooo it!!!!!" answers, even though I gave one of those too. And to show that those answers were not about the age difference. Thanks Mags!

Last edited by BoringGuy; 04-27-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM

I am shocked that the OP would even entertain this, I think that is so very tragic that she cares more about the thrill than her daughter.

I have a teenager girl too, I just cannot imagine ever purposely causing her such pain.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:36 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:

I say go out with the 21 year old. It just might be a really nice evening!

I see nothing wrong with robbing the cradle, as long as the people are legal. It works more often than not, and if they like it, I love it. I believe those relationships can be very fulfilling and learning experiences.

Thank you for this. I swear it made me smile.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 PM

Default Overwhelmed

Truly overwhelmed by all the replies, doubly by the promptness of them.

Thank you, opalescent, nycindie, BoringGuy, Dagferi, Magdlyn, FullofLove1052, nancyfore.

I am not replying individually bcoz I fear I may go overboard while explaining myself. Having said that, I respect the clear veto that’s emerged.

Veto was always the most loaded option in my rational mind. I am truly happy that all the replies have, unanimously, told me to take the call by the strength of my rational mind (it gets fuzzy sometimes, but your replies have helped enormously).

opalescent: Both my stepson and daughter are aware of our lifestyle (they kind of figured when they were younger, in the autumn of 2011 (historic, for us!) three of us (me, son and daughter) discussed it, albeit without ‘categorizing’ the lifestyle, nor mentioning any names of the people who were part of our lifestyle and some of who, I think, my kids suspected as much.
I had wanted hubby to also join in in that ‘historic’ conclave, but he had felt too awkward, and, till date, the matter has never been discussed in his presence (nor otherwise, really, to any great extent).
I am closer to my daughter. We joke with each other. It’s not rare that, in a social situation, if she detects something ‘amiss,’ she’ll be upfront and say something like ‘Ma, you are up to it again.’ And we’ll laugh together.

But yes, I can’t tell her I’m attracted to your casual FWB.

Hubby is more than ok. That’s how/why I didn’t cast my veto right away. His logic is, F (our daughter) has moved on twice already. So it’s only a matter of time.

If they stop seeing each other, then I revisit? Yes, you have given me an option. But all of you have advised a clear hands-off. Perhaps, if F clears my revisit down the line?

nycindie: I tried to explain in my first post, but perhaps did not explain enough. I’ve been a swinging wife with a near-cuck hubby. In the last few years of proper swinging, my preference was younger guys. When the ‘poly’ thing happened, that preference remained. And I’ve been in love only once outside my marriage. This boy would be the second. Both younger. So, there’s no novelty element that’s driving me. Sex, yes. But over the last 10 years, since my first love after marriage, I’ve never had this urge to overstep. The boy’s compulsions? Ok, you may be very right.

oringGuy: What I’ve written to nycindie (above) may explain whyy I shan’t trash The Graduate DVD. Even when I was swinging with hubby, at least in the last few ‘laps,’ I preferred them young. Difficult to change now. But, your point very well taken. I shouldn’t be messing with this guy, given the odd situation. Not because I should be going by your analogy, but because of what you’ve mentioned otherwise. And while I hope Mags narrates the happy story that you want her to, I shall hold back my happy stories, here, about younger guys and how to find them. Just not relevant to this thread, unless I’ve sent the wrong signals in my post.

Magdlyn: Truly appreciate all your comments. Much, much grateful.

FullofLove1052: Thanks to ALL of you, it’s worked out in my mind. No go. But, should opalescent’s “revisit” – if and when – be considered?

nancyfore: May keep sitting in my mind, but shan’t go ahead – unless opalescent’s “revisit???”

Still need advice. No, it’s not the clit tingling. Much beyond that.

Have a great weekend, you lovely folk. And thanks so much for bailing me out. I never knew such a forum existed till I found it today. Such a help, such great comfort to share with people who understand!

P. S. Weekends for me are best for connect.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Mag, truly appreciate this sharing. And I'm sorry if I shocked your sensibilities, as I did some other's. Was just sharing with no holds barred. I thought I could do that here w/o being judged before being fully understood.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
I am shocked that the OP would even entertain this, I think that is so very tragic that she cares more about the thrill than her daughter.

I have a teenager girl too, I just cannot imagine ever purposely causing her such pain.
Natja, truly appreciate reply. And I'm sorry if I shocked your sensibilities, as I did some other's. Was just sharing with no holds barred. I thought I could do that here w/o being judged before being fully understood.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewayward View Post
oringGuy: What I’ve written to nycindie (above) may explain whyy I shan’t trash The Graduate DVD. Even when I was swinging with hubby, at least in the last few ‘laps,’ I preferred them young. Difficult to change now. But, your point very well taken. I shouldn’t be messing with this guy, given the odd situation. Not because I should be going by your analogy, but because of what you’ve mentioned otherwise. And while I hope Mags narrates the happy story that you want her to, I shall hold back my happy stories, here, about younger guys and how to find them. Just not relevant to this thread, unless I’ve sent the wrong signals in my post.

Excellent; fair enough. But part of the point of participating in threads such as this is that even if some of the stuff people say does not apply to you, or you think it's irrelevant to your situation, it's a "public" (privately owned but visible to the public) forum, and the stuff that is superfluous to you may be of value to someone else who is reading it. So please don't take it as though people are assuming that you "are" this way or that way just because they are discussing something beyond the scope of your intent. I did not assume that you were looking for just "a" boy-toy, but in case someone was in a similar situation as yourself reading this and perhaps that WOULD be a viable alternative that they hadn't considered - and Mags' post would be useful.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
Excellent; fair enough. But part of the point of participating in threads such as this is that even if some of the stuff people say does not apply to you, or you think it's irrelevant to your situation, it's a "public" (privately owned but visible to the public) forum, and the stuff that is superfluous to you may be of value to someone else who is reading it. So please don't take it as though people are assuming that you "are" this way or that way just because they are discussing something beyond the scope of your intent. I did not assume that you were looking for just "a" boy-toy, but in case someone was in a similar situation as yourself reading this and perhaps that WOULD be a viable alternative that they hadn't considered - and Mags' post would be useful.
Thanks for explaining. Never been on or found such a forum to share/bare. a trifle inexperienced. Understood what you've said.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM

My issue with this situation has NOTHING to do with age but the fact fact that you would consider hurting your daughter.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.