Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 AM

Thumbs down turning tables

I'm new here. I'm new to this label. I'm not mono, I'm not poly, I am me and if being me means that he can no longer love me for me then yeah, I guess we're calling it quits. It doesn't matter that I went through 5 years with five different girls you would start up with, I stayed. I won't count the last two because the one was mine that you just felt you had to have too if she had to have me. The last was all done with consent.
Let's never mind the fact that it would've happened, you talking and exchanging the naked pictures with her regardless of my knowing because the other 5 times happened too didn't they? You say it's all about the hunt. You wouldn't ever physically be unfaithful. You just want to push them outside they're comfort zones, that's all.
Tell yourself what you want. You conveniently forget what doesn't suit your need.

Five times. Six if you count her. She was the worst too, but I thought we worked through it. I was wrong.

You think this is about sex but it isn't. You just refuse to open your eyes to see how this isn't about loving you less or competing with someone for me. I was yours, but you couldn't share me with me. I am not a possession. I have always wanted an open relationship. I do not believe in monogamy and if I've said it once I've said it a million times.

So go on, leave me.

"Your talking like its tough and tryin to tell me that its time to go. But I know you ain't wearing nothing underneath that overcoat and it's all a show. That kind of loving turns a man into a slave. That kinda of lovin, yeah now I'm never never never gonna be the same. I go crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby..... I feel like the color blue....."

Yep, I go crazy because for some reason, loving just you isn't enough for me. For that I am sorry.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM

Thumbs up

Hi and welcome starbrite,

Sounds like you are relying to a thread already in progress. If that's the case you might want to have the mod's put this in that thread so we don't have to read 2 threads to get the story.

Sounds like you're anti label . Youre "not"

"I am me and being me means he can no longer love me ".... This might be very broad and general tent in which a lot of stuff could get crammed. It also lends itself to the idea of an identity. Often identities get labeled. Words are used to describe situations and labels are attached to boil down meanings.
Too often love and compatibility get confused. Someone may love their partner so much that they want them to be free to act and love .... Things they
know will cause stress or pain for them and thus stress and problems with in the relationship.

The other stuff is a bit inside but it sounds like you're calling someone a hypocrite. Which is one on my big pet peeves too
Old 04-22-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbrite View Post
I have always wanted an open relationship. I do not believe in monogamy and if I've said it once I've said it a million times.
Hi Star, I am just curious, was this fact disclosed before you became emotionally engaged or not?

There have been a few threads about when to disclose the fact that you are poly because if it is done too late mono people may feel like they have been deceived or trapped into relationships with Poly people. Of course if your partner has known all along than you have to wonder what has changed recently?

I am sorry you are feeling rejected for being you, it is really painful.

Natja