Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 02:14 AM

Default Interested in Polyamory

Hello. I'm Mike in AZ. I've heard a lot of things about Polyamory over the years. It always sounded normal to me, though I was never sure it was for me. I never really considered this as a possibility for myself. Fast forward a few years and now I'm more interested than ever in meeting folks who are into this. I'm not necessarily looking for something and not necessarily not looking for something. I guess I'm just looking to meet open minded folks who aren't afraid to allow relationships to grow deeper than just a casual friendship.

I am married with children, and my wife is also curious about polyamory (though she's a bit skeptical, I believe). Neither of us has any specific goal in mind other than meeting new friends and seeing what happens. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

Mike
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Official Greeter

Hi Mike,
Welcome to our forum.

Have a look at our various threads and see if there's any questions we can answer. Perhaps your wife will be less skeptical after she's heard a little more about polyamory.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 PM

Hi,

Welcome...

She might be less skeptical after reading a bit about poly. Though at times it can be very hard, the benefits far out weigh the risks for hubby (nutbusterx) and I. Hope you find the info your looking for to help in your path..

Nancy
Old 04-23-2013, 07:09 PM

Thank you both. I think we just both imagine the worse canse scenarios too much, as if "traditional" was problem free. lol. At the very least, we are both poly at heart and have been for years now.

Mike
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM

Hi Mike!
I'm Jim.
Welcome to the forum. My advice is read read read everything you both can, and take the time to discuss what you read. Take things slowly and avoid setting expectations. Remember that everyone who is involved or potentially involved has values and feelings, and set an environment in which everyone feels comfortable discussing them. Best of luck in your future.