Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 08:30 PM

Default Taking a Step Out into Something New

Hi!
I am Hoseki from Maryland, USA. I joined here because I am at the realization that I am not looking for a monogamous relationship. There are many people I would like to meet an experience things with. Also, being independent and stable on my own, I don't feel the need to pursue one person only in hopes of placing all my needs, wants and desires on them alone. Another thing, I don't think signing legal papers is going to stop a partner from looking elsewhere or me from doing the same. I am realizing that it's not a matter of not deserving "the one," but rather it's about being realistic and honest with myself.

Things are a bit wonky now. I am with someone, but it seems both of us are trying to figure out what it going to make our relationship work. It's hard because both of us were brought up in religious homes and were taught to do what is considered "good" for you. We really need to work on communication, but I am hoping things will turn out all right.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 PM

Hoseki, welcome to the forum! I hope you find there the support and answers that you seek.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 AM

Enjoy the forum, it's a great place.