Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 AM

I'd been intending to spend a night somewhere nice with my husband to celebrate his new job. My boyfriend Greg wanted to meet my ex-husband who's a bit off the beaten track here, and I found a cute local-ish rental with an awesome 3 night special which Adam talked me into booking, to kill two birds with one stone. Adam's going to take off work early and stay with me Friday. Greg is going to stay Saturday & my ex and his partner are cooking dinner for us. I just asked my partner Brian if he was free Sunday to stay the third night with me and he said yes *happy dance*.

I feel a bit conflicted about it cause well ...it is a bit weird, right? Greg is a newer relationship, and I've never gone anywhere with Brian in the two years we've been seeing each other... It was all encouraged by Adam (even his suggestion I ask Brian for the third night instead of staying by myself...I wouldn't have thought of having three lovers in three nights at a romantic couples retreat) and they all seem fine as far as I can tell with me spending the weekend like that. It's not for awhile yet so I guess I have plenty of time to freak out about it, or have something go wrong, but I didn't know where else to share this...
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneintherain View Post
I feel a bit conflicted about it cause well ...it is a bit weird, right? Greg is a newer relationship, and I've never gone anywhere with Brian in the two years we've been seeing each other... It was all encouraged by Adam (even his suggestion I ask Brian for the third night instead of staying by myself...I wouldn't have thought of having three lovers in three nights at a romantic couples retreat) and they all seem fine as far as I can tell with me spending the weekend like that. It's not for awhile yet so I guess I have plenty of time to freak out about it, or have something go wrong, but I didn't know where else to share this...
it's not weird! actually this is one of my dream fantasies.. that I rent a nice cabin somewhere and all my loves come to visit me on consecutive nights, and then I'll spend another 2 nights all by myself, happily reminiscing
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 PM

I am glad it is finally the weekend. This is my weekend with Murf. Butch is working so the kids and I are at Murfs til Sunday. Tomorrow we are taking one of the classic cars out with Murfs car club. Usually Murf is off tonight but he is working half a shift for someone who needed off for a family thing. But he will be crawling into bed with me tonight.

Hope every one has a fun weekend ahead of them.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 AM

Feeling tired, confused, questioning my ability to handle the stuff I have on my plate right now. I have this overwhelming urge to get away from everyone and everything...
Old 05-09-2013, 10:10 PM

My partner has a (first) date tomorrow I'm both excited for them and excited that I feel compersion not jealousy /Wheeee
Old 05-20-2013, 12:50 AM

Sometimes, I just fucking hate being a secondary The role doesn't suit me well.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:48 AM

Its been a long time since I posted here. Last September I think.

On to the interesting stuff. Gamerboy and I were separated from September to mid December, got back together for 2-3 months for me to realize things still weren't working. Suffice it to say everything BLEW UP and all sorts of truths came flying out. We're trying the cohabitation thing for the time being and the stress associated with that has been about as must fun as a barrel of flaming monkeys.

Longer story short, we also made a big move to a bigger city two states away. Holy shit its awesome here and I feel at home. Bigger city has meant more opportunity for adventure and meeting new people. yehaw
Old 06-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Banned

is "i died" an 80's thing? If yes-means-yes, then you know.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:39 AM

Well a good couple of days went down the toilet.

About 6 weeks ago found out I have a severe anaphlytic allergy to raw tomatoes. I have been battling breathing issues with bronchitis since then. I have felt like Hades for weeks. I had bloodwork and other tests. I have hypoxemia. I was supposed to leave for Europe Sunday for business . I have been told flying could cause cardiac or respiratory failure. My boss has forbidden me to fly. My problem is Murf was supposed to go with me. He was looking forward to going. Now he is upset. Very upset. This may kill my relationship.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:09 AM

Holy mother-effing moley... when it rains, it pours. Apparently, literally. I need to vent like crazy. Sorry for the unload, folks.

Been thinking about starting a blog thread, but haven't taken the time. Oh well.

Relationship has been going well. Had some metamour-related issues a couple weeks ago... she really wanted us to be close friends, sisterly even, and it's just not happening. We spend time together once in a while, but eh. No click. She thought that maybe if we kept trying, it'd happen. I felt like it was starting to become a bit pressured - that I wasn't getting close on the proper timetable, and I started getting put off and pulled back (exact opposite reaction than what she wanted). Big long conversation later, and it's now clear that it may never happen, and we'll put no expectations on our friendship. It's now much more relaxed, and I'm feeling pretty good about that. My relationship with my partner has been wonderful as well... We just celebrated an anniversary, and we've been kinda mooshy-gooshy since then.

Which is nice, because the rest of the world seems to be falling apart. Mom (who survived breast cancer after a mastectomy a few years back) has to go back in to get a lump and a swollen lymph node looked at. Sigh.

Sister is drifting, homeless, and (according to her BF) on meth. As crappy as it is, I do NOT want to have her come back and live with my mother when she's going to be dealing with oncologist appointments and the whole shebang.

I've had an abnormal pap, and I get to go in for a colposcopy in a few weeks in order to determine why.

And my partner's other home with his OSO is flooding like crazy, so after fixing my mother's brakes, he's now driving 1.5 hours to take care of the apartment from hell (luckily, they're moving within a week).

Gah.

On the plus side, the kids have a busy weekend (dance recital, soccer tourney), so we'll have some fun stuff to distract us.

Sigh. I may have an extra brownie tonight. Or an extra beer. Mom's staying overnight. I may need one.

(Well, nevermind - she's eating all my brownies! GAH!)

Last edited by YouAreHere; 06-08-2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: GAH! Very few brownies left!

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update