Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > Europe

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Smile

Hi All
New to this, and I am up in Leeds for tonight and tomorrow night. Would really like to meet up to discuss Poly or just meet and discuss anything really! I am staying in Leeds central but can get to anywhere really.
Maybe a starbucks or something?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 PM

Default Yes

Is this thread stil going. Am in Leeds, been thinking of polyamory for a while now but can never find anyone in Leeds.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleight View Post
Is this thread stil going. Am in Leeds, been thinking of polyamory for a while now but can never find anyone in Leeds.
Hey there, Kayleight. I have to say, that I've not been lucky enough to find a whole lot of people in or around Leeds, either. It seems that a lot of the more well-known polyamorists in England, are around the Bristol area.

However, I hope that you join in with the site here, and have a read, and join in with some discussions. Many of the users here have been a huge help for me in the past. =]

Enjoy.
=]
Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
Hey there, Kayleight. I have to say, that I've not been lucky enough to find a whole lot of people in or around Leeds, either. It seems that a lot of the more well-known polyamorists in England, are around the Bristol area.

However, I hope that you join in with the site here, and have a read, and join in with some discussions. Many of the users here have been a huge help for me in the past. =]

Enjoy.
We have a lot of people in London too. Also there is a Manchester meet up too.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
We have a lot of people in London too. Also there is a Manchester meet up too.
London isn't even close to being north, and is a terrible place in general. ;P As for Manchester, I've certainly heard that there are meetups there, but have never seen much happen with them. Seems to be one of the best places up this way for those willing to travel a little, though.
=]
Old 04-10-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
London isn't even close to being north, and is a terrible place in general. ;P As for Manchester, I've certainly heard that there are meetups there, but have never seen much happen with them. Seems to be one of the best places up this way for those willing to travel a little, though.

Are you for real? I was responding to your claim that
Quote:
It seems that a lot of the more well-known polyamorists in England, are around the Bristol area.
This has not been my experience as a Londoner (and I would thank you for not slating my city, even in jest.) Perhaps if you offered up Manchester initially instead of talking about all the well known Poly people in Bristol you could have saved me bothering to respond at all.

Good Grief.....
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Are you for real? I was responding to your claim that

This has not been my experience as a Londoner (and I would thank you for not slating my city, even in jest.) Perhaps if you offered up Manchester initially instead of talking about all the well known Poly people in Bristol you could have saved me bothering to respond at all.

Good Grief.....
Unfortunately, your inability to take a humorous statement is lost on me.

I do not offer Manchester as a choice, because what I have seen in terms of poly group activity has been little. Though it seems to be the most popular part of the north of England for poly meetups, -they are still very few in number-.

I also do not offer Bristol as an option. That would be silly compared to offering Manchester first, of course. My statement was purely meant in the form of "the north doesn't have much activity, but the south does. This is unfortunate for us in the north."
=]
Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, your inability to take a humorous statement is lost on me.

I do not offer Manchester as a choice, because what I have seen in terms of poly group activity has been little. Though it seems to be the most popular part of the north of England for poly meetups, -they are still very few in number-.
"
I did not find it humorous, I found it dismissive and rude, perhaps had you made a good joke I may have found it funny.

Certainly a small Manc community is preferable to zero Leeds activity isn't it? Who are you to decide whether it is worth it to Kayleight? She obviously wants to meet people physically and not just be confined to online activity. Sometimes practical suggestions are more important than showing off how much you know (for example, where all the well known Poly people seem to live.... yeah, ermmmm right!).
Old 04-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I did not find it humorous, I found it dismissive and rude, perhaps had you made a good joke I may have found it funny.

Certainly a small Manc community is preferable to zero Leeds activity isn't it? Who are you to decide whether it is worth it to Kayleight? She obviously wants to meet people physically and not just be confined to online activity. Sometimes practical suggestions are more important than showing off how much you know (for example, where all the well known Poly people seem to live.... yeah, ermmmm right!).
This is a thread about Leeds. Any suggestions for Manchester and London are free to feel at home in their own threads. =]

As the previous user was specifically asking about Leeds, in a Leeds thread, the suggestion of going somewhere else was not a priority in my reply. Now it has been stated, I'm sure they can make that decision when they read here again.

Negativity spreads negativity. Smile, and enjoy your day. ^_^
=]
Old 04-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:

Negativity spreads negativity. Smile, and enjoy your day. ^_^
Well actually I just found out that a close relative of mine is dying at a relatively young age so please excuse me for not wanting to smile right now.

Tags
afternoon, coffee, community, meet