My name is Ann Marie DelSignore. I’m a doctoral candidate in Counseling Psychology at Auburn University. I’m currently conducting research to complete my doctoral dissertation.
I’d like to invite you to participate in my study. In order to be eligible to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Engage in sexual behavior with multiple partners.
Some examples include*:
- Polyamorous relationships
- Open relationships
- Open/Group marriage
- No strings attached/friends with benefits
- In a committed (monogamous) relationship with one person and engage
in sexual behaviors with a person(s) other than the partner you are committed to
- Anonymous sex
- Polygamy/Polygyny/Plural Marrige/Polyandry/Bigamy
* It is acknowledged that sexual behavior/relationships may not be the only facet of relationships involving non-monogamous partnering. For the purpose of this study, however, it is assumed that romantic partnering often involves engagement in forms of physical intimacy that could be considered sexual in nature.
If you meet these criteria and are interested in participating then click the following link:
Your participation would be greatly appreciated, as it will help me complete my dissertation. Your participation could also help professionals, in the field of psychology, better understand and work with people who prefer and/or choose to have multiple partners.
Ann Marie DelSignore, Doctoral Candidate
Department of Special Education, Rehabilitation & Counseling
I started it, but the set-up for the responses threw me off. Rather than the continuum I was expecting (Strongly diasagree > Disagree > Somewhat disagree > Neutral > Somewhat agree > Agree > Strongly agree) I found this: Strongly Disagree Somewhat Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Somewhat Agree Agree Prefer Not to Answer
I think that second "Agree" is supposed to be "Strongly agree", but since it doesn't follow the pattern I was expecting I can't be sure, and stopped responding rather than unintentionally give inaccurate answers.
Pan Female, Hinge in a V between my mono (straight) husband, Monochrome and my poly (pan) partner, ThatGuyInBlack