Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Someone mentioned Star Wars - why shouldn't two consenting adults get it on without getting hassle? What guy hasn't entertained the thought of bedding twins?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Someone mentioned Star Wars - why shouldn't two consenting adults get it on without getting hassle? What guy hasn't entertained the thought of bedding twins?
That's part of why I always considered Luke to kinda be a whiny little bitch.

"Waaahhhh, I have a magic sword that can cut through ANYTHING and magic powers that let me move shit with my mind and I can make out with my hot sister and no one cares! My life is so HORRIBLE!"
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 PM

It's a pretty long thread so I haven't read all the responses... but did any one mention

Keeping the Faith -- where two guys (both are best friends and are great) fall for a similarly great gal. And she falls for both of them but because of the lives they lead-- one is a catholic priest and the other a rabbi, she can only have one. And she chooses the rabbi.

But the rub is the catholic priest was willing to give up the collar to be with her and he didn't want to loose his relationship with his best friend. Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a mfm - v!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 PM

Alot of movies that involve explicitly autistic characters, in my view seam to be highly demeaning also many try to make every quirk look back and completely overlook the sorts of injustices that do exist, while simultaneously trying to give worse example of what it's like than rainman.
I think just about every movie would be better with a poly ending, provided that the movie isn't utterly shite to begin with.

:
–>>"Waaahhhh, I have a magic sword that can cut through ANYTHING and magic powers that let me move shit with my mind and I can make out with my hot sister and no one cares! My life is so HORRIBLE!"
Ensign Marry And Michael Sue MUST DIE!,
it must also be said in real life someone like jaja binks would have argued against… a more powerful leader.

Last edited by Rosque; 05-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Slightly off topic.

Has anyone ever noticed the insurance commercial where the couple's in bed then up pops a contractor and tells them they're ok.
Then the narrator turns the light on and off.

Okay, this screams sooo many things in a subliminal way.

First, when the contractor sat up. That said to me that was a MMF sleeping arrangement.
Right before the light was turned off. The contractor guy laid back down as if he sleeps there anyway and the husband never moved.
They didn't switch places so the wife would be in the middle. It didn't seem awkward to them at all.

Next was the narrator sitting there in the dark like a voyeur.

Does anyone else see it the same?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
Slightly off topic.

Has anyone ever noticed the insurance commercial where the couple's in bed then up pops a contractor and tells them they're ok.
Then the narrator turns the light on and off.

Okay, this screams sooo many things in a subliminal way.

First, when the contractor sat up. That said to me that was a MMF sleeping arrangement.
Right before the light was turned off. The contractor guy laid back down as if he sleeps there anyway and the husband never moved.
They didn't switch places so the wife would be in the middle. It didn't seem awkward to them at all.

Next was the narrator sitting there in the dark like a voyeur.

Does anyone else see it the same?
YES!!! After lurking for a long while I really needed to delurk to say that, lol. That commercial always makes me wonder!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist View Post
Yes- I watch the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. In fact-seeing a person dating that many people and getting really close and intimate to that many people is one of the things that helped me to allow myself to pursue poly relationships. I have watched people actually fall in love with several people at a time towards the end of the show. It might be a better show if poly were a common reality!
I had exactly the same feeling when watching the Bachelorette! It's ironic that such a mononormative dating show serves as an excellent demonstration that one can love multiple people simultaneously. However, once they picked the final winner, all the others were immediately demoted to "just friends." Isn't it sad?

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but I think the movie Imagine Me & You could have a poly ending.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 AM

@ Adventures
Quote:
YES!!! After lurking for a long while I really needed to delurk to say that, lol. That commercial always makes me wonder!
Lurking can do that. I lurked for along time before I replied to a comment recently. Sometimes the right words can bring things out of us. Am I right? The only things that can do it faster is: road rage and music
Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Cyrano de Bergerac (the play, and any of the movie versions of it).

That way, the title character wouldn't have had to be such a miserable emo loser. I mean, well-spoken and poetic as his nose is long, but still . . . such needless anguish!

Tags
fantasies, movies