Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 AM

It's actually been a while since Wendigo, Runic Wolf, and I have been able to do that.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie View Post
Just got to cuddle up and watch Tv with both my partners simultaneously for the first time.

*squee*

Got this almost every evening and I love it

Yeah, for TV-sandwich-cuddle-time

My Blog
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Four years into my relationship with MonoVPHG and we are doing better than ever. This last year has been rough for us and has meant little interest in writing on this forum anymore. We are concentrating on "US" but mostly ourselves as individuals.

If there is something I have learned most in this poly life of mine its that there is no guarantees and no should be no surprises. Every little thing that one thinks is not going to happen can and likely will happen at some point. That might sound rather doom and gloomish, but really, letting go of needing to control what happens and letting go of believing that you are adverse to the tough stuff is the best you can do I think. There can be no surprises if you believe anything is possible. That can be a wonderful thing as much as it can be a painful thing.

Right now its a wonderful thing
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM

It takes bravery to strive to rise above ones own distrust, jealousy, egotism and greed and it's not easy. Especially for such a socially immature animal as the human. We are just learning to walk - of course we're likely to stumble but it's all so worth it for the sake of social progress.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
It takes bravery to strive to rise above ones own distrust, jealousy, egotism and greed and it's not easy. Especially for such a socially immature animal as the human. We are just learning to walk - of course we're likely to stumble but it's all so worth it for the sake of social progress.
Love this. Stealing to make it a FB status update. Quote by Utopian.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 PM

I am new to the forum, and I want to share my happiness with all of you - since there isn't too many other places to do that, as I "live in the closet" about my poly life.

I have been looking for a real poly relationship for years, and now I found it! I am married, and the marriage has always been non-monogamous with the intention of becoming truly poly. Just recently I have found another person who wants to share his life with me, and is ok about my marriage. Experiencing for the first time in my life the poly NRE accompanied with great RRE in my marriage... fantastic!

It is wonderful to love so intensely and to be loved.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 AM

Just wanted to share a happy experience from this weekend:

My wife Ginko and I were moving apartments and it helped so much to have our poly family there. My girlfriend, my wife's boyfriend, and several of our close poly friends stayed around for nearly 8 hours packing, moving, and cleaning. After everyone else had wandered off Ginko, her bf, and I simply rested and curled up on the couch/trundle bed. Having everyone there through the day left me feeling closer to them and more grounded in our relationships.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:37 AM

we love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
There is often a lot of struggle discussed in these forums. Struggle is natural and often necessary in achieving things that are worthwhile. I got caught up in some of the non-positive aspects of polyamory and allowed a lot of painful energy to enter my life. As a result I began feeling increased fear, doubt, and frustration in not understanding how my girlfriend Redpepper shares love and intimacy. (I am monogamous/ she is polyamorous). I want to share with the brave and interesting people on this forum but not at the detriment of the amazing love I have with Redpepper.

For this reason this thread is about sharing positive stories, success, happiness and good times in our and your poly lives.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

To re-assure, and hopefully reinforce, that this is in fact natural (although not my nature LOL!), wonderful and worth working towards for those who want it, I have decided to share a quick but wonderful achievement in our lives.

Last night, Redpepper, her husband, her Lover and me along with several other friends got together. We chatted and laughed at a pub before heading to the bar for some well needed but poorly musically funded dancing. At the pub I chuckled in watching Redpepper move around the table chatting with everyone, lovers and friends alike. This didn’t appear to be work or a balancing act. It looked like her doing what comes naturally to her, socializing and sharing with her friends.

At the bar we all danced together at times, in different small groups at times, and as couples at times. There was no jealousy or “greediness” for her attention. There was fun interacting amongst friends who care for each other.

We are very proud in what we have. That doesn’t make it easy, but makes it unbelievably fulfilling and completely worth every moment of anxiety, fear and insecurity. There is a shared love amongst us for one person and each other.

The key to our success, I believe, is that each person cares so much for the other person and thier well-being. Redpepper seemed more relaxed than I have ever seen her in this dynamic last night. There is no pulling to monopolize or even balance her attention amongst her Lovers. There is just enjoyment in her presence and appreciation for the happiness she gives all of us. Seeing her Lovers together as friends and enjoying time together gives her a radiance I can't describe!

We all have to work to make this possible…Redpepper more than any of us...but with genuine caring you stop noticing the “work” aspect and it just becomes our nature to look after each other.

Thank you Redpepper…you amaze and bless me with your love..despite the fact you scare me….I had to say it!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 PM

Default Coming out

A couple days I called my Mum and "came out", and explained what was up, and how I was seeing DK again. She was super understanding, and threw out the word "polyamourous" before I did. Like basically all my mono friends, I did get the usual "what if DK finds somebody else to be mono with? is MK okay with all of this?" but that's just something I've come to expect. It's an expression of concern for my well being.

Just kinda nice.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 PM

Default just discovered this thread

This happened a week and a half ago, and I posted on another online poly group I'm in, but I discovered this thread and wanted to post it here too, because it was such a great experience.

My husband Guy and I were at a rehearsal, and one of the people I perform with is a potential partner, Falcon. [As an aside the relationship with Falcon is still more potential than actual at the moment. But at the time this happened things had been going really well the week before, so when this happened I was really excited.] Guy was talking to Falcon about all kinds of stuff - movies, cars, medieval reenactment, woodworking, family history - and finding they had very similar views and experiences, and could carry on a great conversation that they both enjoyed.

I was able to stand between them, smiling at them, one and then the other, as they talked over my head (literally - they're both significantly taller than me) - one hand on Falcon's thigh, the other hand on Guy's waist or hip, one foot touching one of each of their boots. They each put hands on me too - my wrist, shoulder, butt, or back. It was wonderful - I'm so, so happy that they are friendly with each other, that they got along so well. (course that makes me want to make the potential relationship hurry up and be realized! but I have to learn to be patient) This is the very first time Guy has even sort of kind of considered the possibility of me having another male partner... and I am so, so proud of him for being as open and loving and strong as he has been. So I had to share it.

Back to present - here's hoping things continue to go well and get over this communication issue that Falcon and I are having.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee