Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
I've been seeing some studies lately, linking ADHD and associated behaviours with artificial colouring. There have been reported cases (I'm no expert) where parents have cut out artificial colouring completely, and their problems completely disappeared.

Anyone have experience with this? I figure, at the very least, it sure can't hurt to try.

On a related note, there was a woman on CBC Radio last week who'd been diagnosed with MS in her early teens. She was told that she'd be in a wheelchair by the time she was 25. She's now in her 40s and doesn't have a single symptom. She credits her health to cutting out all processed food, artificial colours and flavours.
People have blamed E numbers for hyperactivity in general for a very long time. I'm not sure on the specific studies you've seen. Perhaps there is new evidence. But from what I know, it's nonsense. Hyperactivity in general, is actually caused by the actions of those around you. ADHD in all forms, however, is [or rather, can be] both genetic [in your DNA], and environmental [the way your mind is wired through development].

MS is something I really don't have much knowledge of though. Other than having some of the same symptoms [which a lot of other things do, too], they are very different to each other.

Eating healthier is also another great bit of advice for anyone though. The only problem comes when you ask what is healthy. Because everyone is different... and don't let dieticians [sp?] ever talk you into anything. They aren't real doctors.
=]

Tags
add, adhd, health, mental