Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazenBurn View Post
We are going to approach the owner of the house next door and see if we can buy it (a very good possibility).
Was he selling anyway?

Quote:
His wife and child can have this house as their "home" and Darling, me and my kids will live in the other and have it essentially our "home". This will allow him to be in close proximity to his child and all of us can live as a poly family with some separation. His wife LOVES this idea. She is happy that their house will essentially become her house.
She's happy that her husband is moving out to live with you and your children instead of with her and their daughter?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM

They are in a platonic relationship and have been for years. She is comfortable with him living next door as opposed to in this house. She like having the separation. I know it seems odd but it is who she is. They know the owner of the house next door and think he will be open to a cash offer.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM

Good for you for addressing everything Blazen! I hope it all works out for you the way you want!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
I am also going to step up immediately the next time I see something in the works that I don't think will be in the best interest of all parties. I think I just didn't want to be the "naysayer", especially since he seems to be pulling out of his funk over Chatty.
GOOD. I am glad you decided to speak up for the well being of all parties and not just bend to the want of ONE party.

This solution sounds way saner than the other way in your situation.

Keep a sharp eye though -- and keep your own job and your own finances . Preserve you and your children's ability to just move OUT and get a flat elsewhere if any more shenanigans appear.

It's fine to contribute your share toward the household, but you retain financial independence in your own accounts so you can step away if intolerable shenanigans crop up -- your kids depend on you.

GG

Tags
blended families, children and polyamory