Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writingholiday View Post
My problem is that there is a new girl at the office that I've become good friends with. We had a lovely lunch together today. Regardless of whether or not anything will happen between us, I would love to share this with her, just to have someone to talk to.
Small piece of completely un-asked for advice; DONT DATE AT WORK! Fishing off the company pier is a terrible idea for a laundry list of reasons.

Quote:
Who have you told about your arrangement?
Most (if not all) of my friends know. Nobody in my family does, though that is more because I just haven't bothered to say anything rather than deliberately trying to hide.

Most of my coworkers know simply because we spend so much time socializing that it'd be hard to hide.

Quote:
Have you ever experienced negative consequences from telling the wrong person?
Not really. It helped rid me of a few superfluous dickheads I had in my life but no there's been no significant blowback.

I was expecting there to be a total bloodbath once I went public but no, most people barely reacted. I think most people tend to over-estimate the response that people will have. Sometimes you get blindsided by someone you weren't expecting but usually the trouble makers are apparent before you open up.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."

Tags
coming, coming out, coming out poly, coming out to family, religious