Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post

When I've found love, it's never been because I was sitting around waiting for the universe to drop love in my lap. It's happened only when I've realized that I have to make my own happiness, and that I can't rely on another person to fill the voids in my life - I need to fill them myself.

I may have phrased it slightly differently, including desiring a new relationship as one of many ways of making one's own happiness, but to me it sounds as though we are basically saying the same thing.

StudentofLife wrote: Actively working to make the changes in one's life that are desired is not a bad thing--a better job, a new lover, losing weight, more education, new hobbies which require specific skills, etc. All of these things take work on the part of the person desiring the change, and are based on a goal of improving general quality of life.

dating, dating advice, dating dynamics, dating etiquette, dating sites, dating websites, internet dating, kissing frogs, meeting people, netiquette, okcupid, on line dating, online dating, online personals, vee is for me