Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
I miss them but am glad they are having a good time. I was just a little worried - because spending that much time in the car with someone can be a strain and MrS is used to traveling with just me (and we are really good at traveling together) but apparently Dude's style of road-trip is pretty compatible with what we are used to.

Before he left, Dude was planning some activities for us at the destination we are meeting up at (he used to live in the area). Had a funny moment as he was making reservations for one activity as he almost signed us up for the "Valentine's Day" package...then realized that making a reservation for a "romantic dinner for three" might be problematic
Thanks for giving me my first and second proper 'lol' on the site. The idea of the romantic Valentine's for 3 has amused me greatly!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 AM

First night of SCA heavy practice. Tired, sore, but good. Learned a lot, even if I got my bell rung a lot. So much different from Dag in both culture and fighting.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 PM

My husband just got a local job offer which means he doesn't have to go interview in CA for another position which was going to be scheduled for next week. Now I don't have to worry about seeing if my relationship with Brian could work as a LDR, and the new person I'm dating doesn't have to wonder if there's no point in dating if I'm picking up and moving at some point. A CA job would've meant I'd be in a LDR with Adam for at least 6 months while we sorted out what to do with the house and if it was a permanent move down there or not, I am relieved beyond words.

He had been getting more stressed about his job this last year and I am so relieved he will have a new challenge he's looking forward to. And WTF, the company is sending us a gift basket too. Yes we sure as hell will take your awesome job and your cookies!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:30 PM

That's awesome news Anne.

As for me, work is wicked stressful right now. Thankfully I have Runic Wolf and Wendigo to keep me sane. I also have a new corset coming in the mail this afternoon.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:18 AM

Default STILL missing them...

The boys finally got to the next planned stop on their drive home from our vacation (I flew back last Friday). They were alleged delayed by the snowstorms in the plains (...I have another theory, that they are easily distracted )

Theoretically, they could be home as early as Sunday evening (watch me NOT holding my breath ).

I generally don't mind being home by myself (blessed quiet - TV off, stereo off) but I am REALLY looking forward to some cuddles when they get back.

On the plus side, I am starting to learn how to talk to Dude on the phone (I am not generally good at phone conversations - no non-verbal communication cues).

Today got off to a bad start - overslept my alarm, my uterus decided that it hates me and I awoke in a pool of blood (sorry for the TMI - look away) - soaked through everything (as I am floundering around and dealing with as my phone and pager are going off with work wondering where I am). No coffee. Not a fast waker-upper. Grumpy, grumpy JaneQ

BUT, I am home now. The rest of the day was not horrible. The boys will be home...sometime.

Just glad it's Friday.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 PM

Default Down in a hole..

I've been feeling depressed and overwhelmed for the last few weeks. Facing some health issues, waiting for surgery and worrying. Also dealing with a teenage daughter who herself is depressed and has major emotional issues, most of which she takes out on me.

And feeling resentful of the metamour a bit. My boyfriend is currently away on a 4-day romantic trip with his wife and well, I miss him. I know it's just a few days but still. It's not just the trip I resent but the fact that our relationship seems to be at a stand still. I guess I just want more than what is possible...and it hurts
Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 AM

Been feeling rather upset these days. I'll get over it, though.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 AM

Been worried about Runic Wolf the last few days. He's been abnormally angry for no real reason that he can identify. Sometimes the hardest thing for me is sitting back, knowing I can't really do anything to help, when all I want to do is wave a magic wand and make it all better.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 AM

Tonight I am tired and . . . eh.

That is all.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 AM

Kicking butt at work and it's getting noticed. Doing way more then they expected of me. Set up a CC lathe on my own and only needed a little help with the final tweeks (a few things our foreman hadn't taught me yet) and again being asked to train others in tasks around the shop. My work values and appreciates what I do.

Other then that, really frustrated with a lot of the things in my life. Dating as a ploy male sucks hard. No matter what women always think I'm cheating or I forced my wife to tell them it's okay to date me. That combined with the hurt from my last break up almost makes me want to give up completely.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update