Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 AM

Talking Unicorn available in Seattle

What is this unicorn hoping to find? A FWB situation with either a couple or a genetic woman that is a closed circuit. By FWB I mean people that have the time and inclination to actually be friends, hang out and do things such as going to tea, the movies, board games, and other fun social activities in addition to fucking each other's brains out. Do you really have the time and desire to include a new real friend in your life?

If you are in several relationships we will not be a good fit. If you are partnered and only want to include one other person you are perfect:-). My primary is on the Asexual side and completely supports me in my FWB endeavour. He is gender queer/ gender fluid. I am kink friendly (a Domme) and STD free. I can host. I am also a member at the CSPC.

About me?
Nerdy smart, artsy, a warm and fun friend. Excellent sense of humor;-). I have a happy home <3, a car, and am financially comfortable.

Interests... Design, snuggling, geography, travel, sewing and needle arts, cats, health, travel, tea, genealogy, swimming, Buddhism, social justice and most of all figuring out what makes things tick.

Something cool about me... I spent 6 years in Europe from 1999 to 2005. I speak German.

Sexual orientation... Homoflexable this means I am primarily interested in women but not to the exclusion of men. Submissive and or feminine men are most likely to succeed with me as a second choice after women.

Physical description... I have done some modeling and am often described as good looking. I will share pics of me when I have deduced you are a real person. Currently my weight is 214, I wear a size 16 jeans and have lost about 70lbs since October. I had weight loss surgery and will eventually get down to a healthy BMI. Currently a 38 DD in bras, 5 feet 2 inches tall. Black and red short hair, brown eyes, fair skin.

How to get my attention... approach me as a friend first. Tell me about your interests, etc. Make it clear that you actually read this ad carefully. Be no more than 15 year in either direction of my own age. Happy kitten pictures are appreciated.

Warm fuzzies to you and good luck:-D
Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM

I would love to meet some more poly-friendly people in the Seattle area, maybe we could chat it up some time and see how we get along. I'm still pretty new to the whole scene, me and my wife have been open for about a year, and just got married this last week
Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna1973 View Post
What is this unicorn hoping to find? A FWB situation with either a couple or a genetic woman that is a closed circuit.

My primary is on the Asexual side and completely supports me in my FWB endeavour.
You're not a unicorn. Unicorns are single. Unicorns do not want a FWB arrangement, they want to join a marriage, in love with and committed to both people equally. Unicorns want their freedoms to be limited. They want their role in the poly relationship to be clearly defined before they step on the scene. They do not want any say in how they fit into the relationship. They want the couple to put her needs secondary to the desires of the couple. They want their sexuality to be restricted so that they can only have sex when both members of the original couple want to.

"Unicorn" does not simply mean a woman who wants to date a couple. Those aren't imaginary. But to my knowledge, women who fit the above description are.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."

Last edited by SchrodingersCat; 03-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
You're not a unicorn......

"Unicorn" does not simply mean a woman who wants to date a couple. Those aren't imaginary. But to my knowledge, women who fit the above description are.
I think it is telling that any bisexual woman who joins and says something skeletal like 'Hi I am Jane, I am bi and just got interested in polyamory, just want to learn more' Are inundated with requests to be a 'third' (urgh) but this offer....tumbleweed.....

Why?

One reason, the OP is not single, why should these couples share their toy eh?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
I think it is telling that any bisexual woman who joins and says something skeletal like 'Hi I am Jane, I am bi and just got interested in polyamory, just want to learn more' Are inundated with requests to be a 'third' (urgh) but this offer....tumbleweed.....
And they all claim to be looking for that special person to "add to" their marriage. FWB is probably much more realistic for a couple looking to expand beyond monogamy, but they believe / want to pretend they're looking for True Love Times Three.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
You're not a unicorn. Unicorns are single. Unicorns do not want a FWB arrangement, they want to join a marriage, in love with and committed to both people equally. Unicorns want their freedoms to be limited. They want their role in the poly relationship to be clearly defined before they step on the scene. They do not want any say in how they fit into the relationship. They want the couple to put her needs secondary to the desires of the couple. They want their sexuality to be restricted so that they can only have sex when both members of the original couple want to.
This almost perfectly describes the relationship I'm currently in.
We exist...but we don't stay single long.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Is it weird that my wife and I don't want a unicorn? I mean I think we'd be ok if the situation fell into our laps of course but we aren't really seeking one. It seems that every other couple is out there looking for one. Is that the norm, or do I just not hear about the people not looking?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM

I think you just don't hear about the people not looking. I know more couples not looking than ones that are.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:51 PM

I think couples seeking Unicorns are much less likely to take advantage (or have much success) in the offline Poly communities so they are more likely to post ads. They are not more likely to spend time ON non seeking boards however, it is usually just posting ads, sometimes posting updates to ads and sometimes commiserating with other couples who are not having much luck either. It is funny how this tactic seems so very common.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Here's one. My wife and I started out our great poly adventure dating independently of one another, and we continue that way. I'm not sure either of us would be especially interested in or comfortable with a unicorn, the way such creatures are usually described ("add someone special", etc. >gag!<)

At least, if we ever did come across a unicorn, we'd want to make darned sure - as I read somewhere once - it's not just a donkey with a plunger on its head.

Last edited by hyperskeptic; 03-14-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Tags
hot bi babe, seattle, unicorn