Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 03:20 AM

Hey, cool! Happy for you all... bon voyage
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM

Looking forward to hearing more about your new person!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 PM

Thanks for your comments fuchka and Annabel!

---

I did something quite big today. I came out of the poly closet in facebook! My hands are still shaking a bit. This was possible because I finally told my dad recently, so ever since that I've been thinking about this. And now that I started a new relationship, this seemed like a good moment. It's so exciting and scary!

I also told Evan about this blog yesterday. We have been so incredibly open to each other from the start that I felt like I couldn't write more about him unless I tell him that. He was happy that I told him but said that he probably won't be reading this, at least not at this point. And I'm actually quite happy with that decision. At the end of the day I don't have a problem with him reading this, but in a way it would be like him getting to know me, my thoughts and past too fast. We've just met, but there's so much stuff here that it would be a lot to take in at once.

Evan came to my place yesterday and cooked us dinner. It was delicious! I love how he can be really serious and intelligent and talk about meaningful things with me and then a moment later he's being very silly and funny.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 PM

Oh and also, I deactivated my OKC account a few days ago. I had 3 dates in 2 weeks (this week and last week) and also met Evan 2 weeks ago, so I think this is enough for now. All the dates were nice and I think I'm going to meet all of them again. The first two gave me more of a friend vibe, so they're probably non-romantic connections, but the last one felt a bit more like a potential romantic thing. But time will tell about that one.

Me and Evan attended a party last week. It was full of poly people and it was great! We had such a good time getting to know new people and making out with bunch of people.. and more. It was really nice to share that experience with him.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:20 AM

Me and rory are going to a vacation in a couple of days. Almost 4 days abroad, just the two of us. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm seeing Evan just before it. I think I'm really lucky to have these people in my life. I feel like everything is in a nice balance right now. After the vacation we're planning on meeting the metamours, so at some point rory is going to meet Evan and I'm going to meet Dena. Quite excited about that too!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 PM

Hell yeah, vacation. God. You're the coolest!

(And one of these weeks/months my insane schedule will let me leave something proper for this forum. I really want to but currently just not enough energy.)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM

The holiday was amazing. We got some time to really reconnect, relax and just talk, talk and talk some more. It was actually a really good timing as well, now that I have this disease called NRE. I was happy to spend a few days in a row with rory and concentrate on her and our connection. I think we're doing really well at the moment and our relationship just keeps getting better.

Evan is quite new to poly and he is dating a lot right now. He seems pretty excited about all these new people (well, me included), which I'm happy about. I'm just sometimes a little bit worried if he actually has space in his life for me, but at the moment it looks like he is really trying to fit me in. We'll see how it works out in the long run. I really hope it does and I do believe that he wants me in his life. It's just the practicalities of the situation.. Then again, I do have things in my life as well and am fairly busy these days. I hope we find enough time for each other.

I got some bad news yesterday morning and it was lovely to see how both my partners were able to spend some time with me yesterday and today even though they're both busy. Yesterday I saw Evan for a little bit in the afternoon and rory came to my place after her work and spent the night. Today I had lunch with rory and Evan came to my place for a while before his date this evening. I find those moments really precious, it makes me feel like my partners actually make an effort to be with me when they can when I'm having a hard time. I really appreciate it. I'm also happy that I'm living in a place that is actually quite convenient for everybody, it's not too far from either rory's or Evan's or their universities/workplaces.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mya View Post
Me and Evan attended a party last week. It was full of poly people and it was great! We had such a good time getting to know new people and making out with bunch of people.. and more. It was really nice to share that experience with him.
Okay, first I thought I wouldn't get into this in more detail, but now it seems that I kinda have to in order to tell you other things.

So basically that "and more" was a foursome. It was me, Evan, Felix and Gemma. Evan and Gemma first met the same day me and Evan met as well. They were actually on a date before the meetup where me and Evan met and came there together. Me and Gemma had met once before in another meetup. Felix is Gemma's boyfriend, me and Evan met him at the party. So at the party all four of us were making out with each other at some point or another: me and Evan, me and Gemma, me and Felix, Gemma and Felix, Gemma and Evan and Evan and Felix. That then developed into the aforementioned foursome. It was really nice.

Now it seems that Evan is seeing both Gemma and Felix, too. I don't actually know how they define their relationships at this point (I'm not sure if they know it themselves either), but something's happening anyway. So I might be writing something about these two as well and thought I should tell you how we all met.

To confuse you a little bit more.. Remember Casper? I wrote something about him a few posts ago, we met once and said we should meet up again when he's in town but that never happened. So he is also Felix's boyfriend. Whoa, what a network of connections!

Today I hung out with Evan and Gemma at a queer event. It was very nice. There was this one really funny moment when Gemma introduced me to someone (also poly) and that person asked how me and Gemma know each other. She jokingly replied "She stole my date!". She then told the whole story about how she went to the meetup with Evan and he ended up going home with me, but that comment was so hilarious.

Edited to add: Gemma left the meetup to catch a train anyway, so it's not like she and Evan would've ended up doing anything that night even without me. Just wanted to clear that up, I didn't actually steal her date.

Last edited by Mya; 02-24-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM

So now you know the backstory. The thing I actually wanted to write about is polysaturation. The thing is, I like Gemma and Felix on some level, too. Well, the foursome wouldn't have happened otherwise. Even though I enjoy their company, I haven't initiated one-on-one contact with either of them after the party because I feel like I can't offer much right now. I could possibly have time for something casual and actually I think neither of them would have time/interest in anything more involved either, but then again, like I've said before, I'm not very good with casual. This is a general level problem for me. I also have a second date coming up with one of the people I went on a date with when I had those three dates close to each other. It seems like we both have very busy schedules so if we ended up having a relationship, we'd probably see each other once a month or something. I don't know if that's something I'd really like. Basically the dilemma is this: I don't have time for more than two (definite maximum three) serious partners. I'm bad at being casual. But there are so many cool people in the world that I'd like to explore a connection with! I know, my life is so hard.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:03 PM

Such problems you have... Although, you should definitely make a graph. Even I have trouble following despite the fact that I have a grasp of the people you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mya View Post
Edited to add: Gemma left the meetup to catch a train anyway, so it's not like she and Evan would've ended up doing anything that night even without me. Just wanted to clear that up, I didn't actually steal her date.
It's so easy to hang out with poly people, it makes the whole concept of "stealing somebody's date" kind of absurd.

--

I'm really enjoying the whole compersion thing at the moment. It makes me smile to see Mya so happy about all she's got going on. Plus, it seems the people involved are all really cool. It looks like I'll be getting a chance to meet Gemma in a week and Evan a bit later. I'm looking forward to it.

Tags
bisexual, boundaries, communication, foundations, ldr, long distance, nre