Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 AM

Location: I love on an acreage just outside of Edmonton AB, Canada
Default My Life as It is

Okay so I am fairly new to both blogging and poly but I am feeling like I need to write some of this out to help me deal with some of my issues.

So I am going to start off with a brief bio of myself and everyone else involved. If anyone new comes into this they will also get a similar post.

Me: My name is Nigel, I'm in my late twenties and I have been married for almost 8 years now. I just started my first poly relationship a little while ago and so far it's going great. For work I am a train conductor (in training for now). Let's see what else, I consider myself to be mostly straight, but I admit I would be willing to experiment if I ever meet a guy who peaks my interest.

My wife: I will refer to her as J, I know the initial thing is something a lot of people don't really appreciate but I'll be honest my memory isn't good enough to remember nicknames. So J is a mechanic by trade. I love her a ridiculously large amount. She truly is awesome. She was raised catholic, which has caused various issues over the years but we have successfully ironed most of them out

My SO: Her name is K, both J and I have known her for quite some time. She is a little bit younger than me but not by much. She currently works both as a server at a local restaurant and as an office clerk for a non-profit organization.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:36 PM

Welcome to the forums! So how is the relationship working for the three of you? Is it a triad or a V? How did you guys approach K with the idea of being in a relationship with you and J? Do you consider K a secondary, or do you see her as an equal partner? Any plans for children in the future?