Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM

I tend to find switches most attractive - I dislike being set in a role for any length of time. Being with switches tends to provide that fluidity almost automatically. I also do not care for a 24/7 situation. It works for some but not for me.

Last edited by opalescent; 02-11-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-11-2013, 04:16 PM

Default Switch

What I'm finding in my realm is that most of the time my Master knows best, and I prefer to be sub.

But sometimes I know best. Master doesn't like to switch out of masterly mode with me, I don't think, but eventually does it anyway, because respect is involved and we take that very seriously. Mutual respect is paramount to D/s relationship. Otherwise you just have another abusive or codependent relationship. She is very equitable and fair and loving, and we both want the other to be the best we can be.

At least that is something I'm discovering about D/s, the necessity of respect, switching or no. I don't actually know how I'd be as Dom physically. Still one of life's great unknowns for me.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
What I'm finding in my realm is that most of the time my Master knows best, and I prefer to be sub.

But sometimes I know best. Master doesn't like to switch out of masterly mode with me, I don't think, but eventually does it anyway, because respect is involved and we take that very seriously.
There are a few ways for that to play out, too. A good Dominant will acknowledge that they are not omniscient. Sometimes, they give an order based on the information at hand. But there's nothing wrong with the submissive providing more information so that the Dominant can make the best decision for the submissive.

There's a way to say "I can't do that because of these reasons" which is very differently received than "I won't do it! I won't! I won't! I won't!" while you're stomping your feet and pouting.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
There are a few ways for that to play out, too. A good Dominant will acknowledge that they are not omniscient. Sometimes, they give an order based on the information at hand. But there's nothing wrong with the submissive providing more information so that the Dominant can make the best decision for the submissive.

There's a way to say "I can't do that because of these reasons" which is very differently received than "I won't do it! I won't! I won't! I won't!" while you're stomping your feet and pouting.

That's not the play I'm talking about. That's just sort-of obvious communication.

I'm talking about proper switching of the roles for a bit.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 AM

I've always been around the BDSM / D/s crowd for a while by virtue of having a...diverse circle of friends but it never really seemed like my thing. I have a difficult time with unequal treatment in almost any sense.

That said, my most recent ladyfriend asked if she could try being dominant with me (she's a sub with her bf) just for a change and I said sure, I'm usually defacto dom by virtue of being more experienced than most of my lovers (looong story) so I was curious. Found I liked that a lot more than I was expecting to...
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 02-13-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I've always been around the BDSM / D/s crowd for a while by virtue of having a...diverse circle of friends but it never really seemed like my thing. I have a difficult time with unequal treatment in almost any sense.

That said, my most recent ladyfriend asked if she could try being dominant with me (she's a sub with her bf) just for a change and I said sure, I'm usually defacto dom by virtue of being more experienced than most of my lovers (looong story) so I was curious. Found I liked that a lot more than I was expecting to...

Do tell us in detail what you liked about it, please.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
Do tell us in detail what you liked about it, please.
I dont know that I could actually articulate why, I just did XD

By most people's standards, it wasn't that "kinky." I'm used to hanging out with people who have a leather mask and restraints in the glove compartment, just in case.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 PM

Alrighty then.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 AM

I have never really done much of anything but I have for a while been interested in the whole D/s, I did some very minor stuff with an ex of mine and found that I very much enjoyed being dominated.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:14 PM

I had a very fun Valentine's Day night. Spent 2 hours tied up with my favorite color rope. I love you Runic Wolf. <3

Tags
bdsm, d/s, discipline, poly