Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM

Smile Sometimes someone doesn't send the awful, canned message.

This guy gets bonus points.

Quote:
Saying you've never been to a rock concert--and doing so in a way that is inviting (daring?) someone to ask you to one on a date--makes it basically a necessity that I write you. Not on it's own, of course. But you appear to be interesting, and cute, and are poly with a primary partner (therefore not looking for a primary partner, which I am not up for at the moment)--but looking for a relationship/friendship not just random sex. Those are all kind of pre-requisites (well, poly isn't necessarily, but it makes the not-looking-for-primary thing a whole lot more likely/workable).

So, add to that stuff the opportunity to take you to see your first live rock band play, and it was basically like a cross between a gauntlet being thrown down and a handkerchief being dropped. Which is a most excellent metaphorical hybrid, and I compliment you on it.

Now I have to start keeping my eye out for good shows coming up, and hope the timing coincides with when our written correspondence reaches (if it does) a point where you'd like to meet...

Tags
communication, dating etiquette, dating service, introductions, meeting people, online dating, pick-up lines