Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 AM

Ooh, and I love how he digs at your age!

Didn't you know that at your age you should be GRATEFUL for any attention from ANYONE AT ALL??

EWWWW. You were totally right to tell him off.

I'm also skeptical that a polite "no thanks" is ever worthwhile. Usually it prompts people [men] to respond with things like, "Aw come on, gimme a chance", or to say nasty things.

Yesterday, in response to me telling someone he lived too far away, he kept begging me to text him, giving me his number, suggesting he pay for a hotel in my area [despite no casual sex on my profile], etc, until I blocked him.

So, I'm all for ignoring instead of politely saying no.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
FYI, we have met MANY sexy, younger women HERE. I love your age group, but maybe it's what is preventing you from being open and aware.
Then why are you on OKC hunting down people 150 miles away? If he's so swamped with sexy local chickas, why not go fuck one of them and leave you alone? Oh right, because obviously, he's full of shit.

Or more likely... there are many sexy, younger women HERE... and they all politely told him to pipe the fuck down.

Quote:
Unicorn is an OLD term dear. MANY, MANY women enjoy this and we do well w/meeting w/out jealousy.
Yeah funny that... see, most old terms tend to die out of language when their usage is no longer applicable. When's the last time you referred to a "fob" as the chain that secures your pocket watch to your vest, and not the doohicky you use to unlock your car doors from across the parking lot?

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
So, I'm all for ignoring instead of politely saying no.
I just block them right away. I can't be bothered.

That being said, I have deactivated my profile for a while. Two guys I'd been messaging both recently disappeared, and I haven't seen any others worth contacting.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Your life intrigues the hell out of me I would love to have a chat with you!
Report this
0% Enemy, 77% Friend, 76% Match
Whatever... I'm at school and always looking for something to procrastinate on, so we chat a bit about open relationships. He asks me what our rules are, I go on with the standard response about rules being stupid.

Eventually, he sends me this:

Quote:
Btw do you have a real picture? I like being able to talk face to face or pic to pic as I have a hard time establishing a personality without invisioning there facial responses.
For reference, my pic is me making a funny fish face and photoshopped a bit. But, me nonetheless.

Here's his OKC pic:
Yeah. Exactly. Dude, seriously? You have NO picture whatsoever, and you're accosting me to send you a "real" pic? Pipe the fuck down.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."

Last edited by SchrodingersCat; 02-01-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 PM

I just got this message "looking for a female to join us" from a "horny couple".
Old 02-02-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I just got this message "looking for a female to join us" from a "horny couple".
Female human, I hope? Species not specified
Old 02-03-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Hi babe you look smokin hot ***** love to hook up with you for a little fun ????? [his name and town]
Quote:
Hey how are you? I would love to chat my name is X I'm easty going sensua.Down to earth
*banghead*

Is this how you address a 57 year old woman, boys? Really? One has to wonder how long it's been since they got laid.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 AM

I know I shouldn't waste any energy feeling angry that someone would send me this message:

I am writing because I feel simultaneously interested in and in disagreement with what you are saying. I know you wanna b free, but Im telling you right now, If you want the good sex with a good friend, then you gotta go out on a limb and save yourself for that one individual. The trapped feeling is a low down dirty lie. Polyamory can only make people doubt themselves. Its like eating food with no nutritional value repeatedly. The grass isnt greener, its astroturf. I think you would be amazed at what could happen if you pick one good dude and build a trust. A man treated well could have baboon strength for you. I feel it is something to cherish, not sabotage the possibility of it ever happening with talk of detachment.

But, it makes me angry.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:11 AM

[QUOTE

But, it makes me angry. [/QUOTE]

Actually, no, it just makes me grateful for the screening process.

Also, "baboon strength" ?????
Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 AM

I deactivated my profile while waiting for pics to add to it. Reactivated it, added 3 pics. Saw I had three messages when I was done.

The three messages:
"any pictures?"
"hello"
"got pics?"

Tags
communication, online dating