Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 AM

Default Girlfriend's dating problems and trans issues

Hey everyone!
So, I'm in need of some advice, life stories, anything really. I've got a fairly interesting situation, and it's hard to find people to talk to about trans issues to begin with, forget trans + poly =P

I'm a cis-female (meaning my genetics/organs/whatever matches my gender identity), but my girlfriend of two-years is male-to-female who just started transitioning a maybe five months ago. She also fairly recently reevaluated her sexuality, and came to the realization that she is bi.

As I was the first/only person she'd ever dated, I suggested that she go on a casual dates with some guys, or give some of the guys who hit on her a chance (she's a really attractive female, so she gets a decent amount of attention, and we'd long ago discussed all of our poly...discussion...stuff... I don't know terms XP).

She recently went on a date with a nice guy, who she said she enjoyed spending time with, and they were texting and considering going on a second date, and then she revealed that she was trans, and has since not gotten a text back, and she got really upset.

She's really worried that there won't be a guy for her out there that won't run away once they find out she's trans, and as a cis, I really don't know what to say to comfort her.

She is my pretty princess, and it really makes me sad to see her so upset ):