Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 AM

Default Congratulations to mono and redpepper

For those who may not know it, mono and redpepper's 1 year anniversary together has arrived. I would like to take a moment to acknowledge their relationship, congratulate them on this milestone, and offer my love as redpepper's husband.

2009 was an incredible, fun, challenging, sad, happy, radical and transformative year for redpepper and I. It was a year of beginnings, endings, and profound change both individually and within our relationship. During this tumultuous time, through serendipitous chance, mono and redpepper met, fell in love, and ultimately created the loving, mutually supportive, and deep relationship that exists today between them.

I am very thankful that mono is who he is; for it is he, as much as it is redpepper and I, that has helped this to work. I have a great deal of respect for him for what he has personally achieved by getting to the place that he is in today. Amongst other things, he has had to learn to embrace a different way to look at relationships, deal with the public scorn that resulted from us coming out, and let go of an old life without knowing what, if anything, would replace it.

I will never forget the first time I spoke with mono. Despite redpepper's assurances to the contrary, he was convinced that I was going to murder him!

redpepper, my partner in love and crime, I am glad that you have found someone great to love and be loved by. It's clear how happy mono makes you.

It is important to me to somehow publicly acknowledge this milestone in their lives. Without doing so it will likely pass unnoticed by the world, and not receive the social legitimacy it deserves.

redpepper and mono, I am proud of what you, and we, have created so far. Much love on your one year anniversary, and here's to many more happy years!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynerdist View Post
redpepper and mono, I am proud of what you, and we, have created so far. Much love on your one year anniversary, and here's to many more happy years!
They're very lucky to have the Mushroom Man too!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 AM

Aw. That's so wonderful.

Happy Anniversary, you two! And hopefully many more to come!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:39 AM

Happy Anniversary and may you all continue to show us all how wonderful this life can be!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:13 AM

Smile

I love to hear positive stuff like this of people who are really making a poly relationship work. All the theories and academic treatises are, in my opinion, no substitute for the sort of thing you folks have!

Congratulations, may there be many more!

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 01-03-2010, 06:22 AM

Happy Anniversary!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Congratulations!

And many happy returns of the day!

*hugs*
Old 01-03-2010, 10:49 AM

And, Welcome to the forums, Polynerdist! Welcome, Welcome!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Polynerdist, Thank you for your post of celebration for your family. It has been amazing to read and grow with redpepper & mono in the few months I have been here. I feel in my heart, as we ourselves gain so much from their sharing that to hear it from YOU personally validates more of my feelings for my family!!

Welcome to the forums & congratulations to you ALL!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Old 01-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Oh, dear, I'm all verklempt now... this is lovely and I'm very happy for the three of you. Congratulations indeed!

Refuge in Audacity { home of the post-raph stunner }

Tags
family, love