Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 AM

Corpse Bride, for sure. Why the hell should Victor have had to choose between Victoria and Emily?

Hunger Games; Peeta/Katniss/Gale is my OT3.

Also, this has already been mentioned, but Harry Potter has a lot of possibilities; Snape/Lily/James, Remus/Sirius/Tonks, Harry/Ron/Hermione, Harry/pretty much anyone.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 PM

Any of the American Pie films. Stifflers mom has to be poly.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 PM

Sex and the City, Carrie, Aiden and Mr. Big! Also Twilight for sure!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 PM

LOL Twilight XD
All of the agony and drama could be totally removed! Except for the plot twist re Jacob in Breaking Dawn.

LOL this is awesome! Recently I've been thinking this way too. How many movies would be so much better with poly endings? Why don't film- makers make more poly movies? You reckon we need to tell them about the demand?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM

OK, OK: not a film, but other people have mentioned television series, so I´ll say that I´m amazed that nobody has mentioned "The L Word". Of course it was - in a way - a glorified, sexy, funny soap opera, so jealousy issues and relationships falling apart because of new love interests were to a large part what it fed on. But still...

Shane was the only one of the MAIN characters who was happy to be non-monogamous - and the writers/directors/producers were obviously trying to get across to the audience that Shane was non-monogamous [promiscuous] because of a weakness in her character: due to a history of abandonment and LOW-class prostitution, she was "afraid to commit". All the other main characters LOVED her... but pitied her and hoped that she´d find "the right girl" and settle down. (She only SEEMED to be happy: really she was an emotional cripple [in their eyes].)

One of Shane´s lovers, Payne (a short-lived minor character, but one of my 4 favourite characters in the whole 70-episode run [mothers turn me on!]), even offered Shane an open relationship. But she turned it down!

Aside from - obviously - Shane... Alice and Dana could have profitted from a V or triad relationship. Alice-Dana-Lara should have worked as a V. It´s ironic that when Dana, the potential hinge, was out of the picture, Alice and Lara [minor character, but also in my top 4: OMG was she lovely!] become lovers (possibly to console each other, but it worked... for a while).

Then later, there were all the signs that Alice AND Tasha were BOTH falling in love with Jamie, but - instead of going for it and being HAPPY - television romantic drama rules forced Alice (the WONDERFUL #1) to get jealous and lay down a tearful ultimatum. "Go with her and work it out. If you´re not back by this time tomorrow, I´ll know what you´ve decided."

Come ON!!! I know that other people on this board - even on this thread - have argued that unless there´s conflict, films are boring. But for a show that was breaking all sorts of tabus (and had LOADS of other characters who could confront - and lose to - jealousy) NOT to address polyamory fairly - when it was staring them right in the face - was an act of cowardice!
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM

90% of all romance movies/books/tv shows.

One of the most common themes I've seen in these stories is the love triangle as the central problem that the story rests on. In most cases, there's no solid reason a poly or poly-esq arrangement wouldn't work out aside from the characters being barely emotionally stable enough for one relationship, let alone two.

"You MUST choose! Spend your life with me, Fernando the baker, or with him, Constatine the butcher!"

Real mature, Fabio.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM

not a movie, but Doctor Who seems positively MADE for poly themes. Maybe that's just me =P
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 PM

Love this thread. I thought I was the only idiot who yelled at people in movies to just be together. My personal favorite is Holiday Inn. Every year at Christmas there I am yelling at the TV. "You can make movies in Hollywood between the holidays and they can both keep dancing at the Inn AHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I know every Bing Crosby movie is based on the love triangle premise but what's a girl to do, NOT fall in love with him? have you heard him sing?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:30 AM

take this waltz
(someone must have already mentioned it, right? didn't come up in a search though. throughout that whole movie i was just like "taaaalk to your husband! don't throw it all away just because you're into this other guy now!" so annoying.)
Old 04-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Harry and the Hendersons

Tags
fantasies, movies