Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 PM

Wow. Talk about some high octane drama.

Forcing people into roles they do not naturally fall into is a crushingly destructive idea and will end poorly. The only reasonable thing to do is to let the relationship balance itself out then, if you am so inclined, give it a title based on what it has become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacktat View Post
I have decided to just back off as much as I can
Good call. They are adults, I'm sure they can figure it out and will probably learn more from the situation without your interference.

Oh, and seriously... STOP GOING ON VACATIONS! It's like the kiss of death for your sanity lol

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 PM

Did they break up or did the three of you break up? Because it's okay for them to decide they don't want poly with each other, but not to make the decision for you who you will and won't date. I'm not a big fan of talking and then reporting back what was decided w/o including the 3rd or 4th person in the discussion at all.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM

Quick update.

H and k spent the day together Saturday working on thier relationship. That turned into the three of us spending the entire weekend together in the most natural feeling relaxing situation. It seems that we maybe on the right track. I think all of this was so new to all of us that we didnt understand many of the feelings which are so different from the southern traditional values we were brought up with.

The two of them spent much of the day together yesterday and everyong seems happier and more relaxed. We are going to take things as they come and see where it leads us. If we could get K's ex-husband to move (he moved in across the street from her) things might ease up even more.

Most importantly the kids seem to be happy, the girls have thier poly sisters back and want to be together all the time.

We will keep you posted.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM

An update,

Well it has been a month since the last update and we are all doing well. It is so different this time around. We actually all have become more of a family with all our kids being the focus most of the time. We spend some time together the tree of us sexually and each of us spend some time in pairs of all configurations. K has joint custody of her kids, every other week and so H and I's kids only get to see them every other week. When that Monday rools around the kids demand to see their poly sisters as soon as school is over. We spend most of that week in a very family relationship. We eat dinner together most nights and on the weekends there are sleepovers for the kids somewhere. This is priority over sexual interaction which is scarse on those weeks.

On the other weeks we set aside time for H and I both to have some alone time with K if she chooses to exercise that, but mostly we all end up sleepoing together many nights.

In short it has evolved from some taboo odd lifestyle to a regular relationship with alot of love and some very happy kids. If only we could get the rest of this small town to but out and leave us be it would be perfect. We have a sign in our den which reads "As far as everyone knows we are a nice normal family" which we really have become.

Now if we could all live in one house it would be much easier. Maybe one day, but for now it is as good as it gets.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 PM

This is nice to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacktat View Post
If only we could get the rest of this small town to but out and leave us be it would be perfect.
LOL, good luck with that! Small towns aren't exactly known for minding their own business.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 AM

Glad things are on better footing!

GG
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 AM

It's a great weekend in our triad. K and H and I have cleared a year together with some ups and downs but really finding ourselves now. H and K and I had a wonderful night last, now they have gone out of town for the night and they are having a great time. I am at home with the kids and having a ball. They really needed this and I am so happy for them. No jealousy while I miss them I know they will be back tomorrow. I really feel the compersion tonight. It's such a great feeling knowing they are getting some time with each other, to nurture their relationship. It will make us all stronger. I haven't stopped smiling since they pulled out of the driveway. I went and washed my Cammero convertible for them and let them take it.

Just the thought of the two of them driving down the road holding hands and loving on each other with the sun shining down on them in this beautiful 75 degree weather makes me so happy. Becoming Poly was one of the best decisions we all three have ever made.