Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM

I agree Magdlyn. I've experienced being looked at as very strange for having a strong sex drive. Sex drives come in ALL sizes and each of us must find a way to address the drive in ways that are sensitive to ourselves and others, but nevertheless addressed. If the sex drive is not addressed and instead repressed, it can (and does) lead to madness and sexual violence.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post

No one should be called a pig for having a sex drive. Having a sex drive, even a strong one, is NORMAL. Some will argue it is a need like a need for water, food and shelter. Certainly it is a strong drive that can make you almost crazy (distracted, extremely irritable, losing confidence in oneself as a person...) if unfulfilled.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 PM

he kept asking me when I would ask for sex. "Well, how often do you want sex?" I would get excited and think wow, I am gonna get sex. I would say -"once a week would be grand!!" It would never come and I said nothing then next quarter he would say "well how often do you want it? " I would say once a week and of course this went on about 5 times. by then years had passed. I didn't ask often, I would shift it inside and get mad.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 PM

I can empathize SweetSensations. In my marriage the drought was not as severe as yours, but I used to practically beg my wife to make love every three weeks or so because I knew it was the only way possible that it would happen. If left to my own desire, I like to make love about six times a week. So, it was difficult finding a way to make it 'workable'. In the end it did not work, but lack of sex was only one contributing factor.

Its hard to avoid feeling frustrated and mad, no question.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSensations View Post
he kept asking me when I would ask for sex. "Well, how often do you want sex?" I would get excited and think wow, I am gonna get sex. I would say -"once a week would be grand!!" It would never come and I said nothing then next quarter he would say "well how often do you want it? " I would say once a week and of course this went on about 5 times. by then years had passed. I didn't ask often, I would shift it inside and get mad.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
This article says that less than 10 times a year, - allright, mine wasnt that infrequent, but almost.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...racey-Cox.html

Oh and Ive read her book, rather traditional advice im afraid.

Huh... Ok. Well color me confused.
I would say once a month is infrequent. Twice a month is infrequent.

Last edited by Holiday; 01-22-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: oops never mind
Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 PM

It completely depends on the people involved. Everyone has different desires and there is no way you can generalize. For some people three times per week is infrequent :-))

Dan
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Official Greeter

I agree; what counts as frequent or infrequent (or even sexless) can vary greatly from person to person. Some people can be satiated with once a year, others crave it many times a day. There's no right or wrong here, it's just a matter of figuring out a reasonable compromise for everyone.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 AM

Yes! Each person is unique and therefore their desires will be unique as well. Communication and lots of it with partner(s) usually will iron out the differences especially when done with a lot of love and compassion for each other.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
I agree; what counts as frequent or infrequent (or even sexless) can vary greatly from person to person. Some people can be satiated with once a year, others crave it many times a day. There's no right or wrong here, it's just a matter of figuring out a reasonable compromise for everyone.