Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 AM

Too much too fast is a sure recipe for hurt feelings and much disaster. I'm glad your hubby wants to have an honest talk with her about giving you some space and time, that's a positive.

As for him staying overnight, remember: breathe... If you find yourself not ready for that step right now, it's okay. I think that he should understand it's a very big step and it will take some time. You need to feel secure within your relationship with him before allowing him more freedom to develop things with her.

Hell, I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years and he and I have never had a sleepover. Not so much because our mates are opposed, it's more due to a lack of space in his house and mine and a lack of opportunity. We don't have guest bedrooms, there are kids in both houses and we each normally sleep with our respective spouses in not so big double beds...so yeah, not happening unless someone is out of town and the kids are away, lol.

Also, if/when it happens, try to do something for YOU during the evening of said sleepover. Invite a couple of friends and have a girls night out (or in, whichever). Or pamper yourself with a nice movie, candles, a bubble bath and a glass of wine. Try to enjoy having the whole bed to stretch out in and some wonderfully quiet YOU time. He'll be home before you know it.

Last edited by nouryia; 01-19-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM

I do not have panic attacks at this point after thinking about it anymore. But i most definitely will keep myself busy. I actually seem to think he told her to slow down. I haven't asked. He said he was going to. I plan on living it up if and when it happens. Dont really know if it will...but im prepared. Thanks to all of you.