Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 PM

Default Valentine Schmalentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyankh View Post
I'm a female in a vee relationship with two heterosexual men. Does anyone in the same situation have suggestions for me for Valentines Day?
I'm with most of the others here. Valentine's Day isn't worth celebrating. It was designed by marketers to sell candy and cards. One more way the corporations are trying to rule our lives.

I can sense the excitement in your post. It's a great feeling to have two lovers, but also a HUGE responsibility! I think talking about it with your partners would be a good way to decide how to handle special days.

As for your birthday, why not spend it with both of them? I'm sure they'd appreciate that!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM

I think any 'occasion' is what you want it to be.

I'm not Christian but I celebrate Christmas for what it means to me.

If you always celebrated and enjoyed celebrating Valentine's day before, I suggest you continue. Not everything needs to change because you're poly, if you like it, celebrate it.

Time and sex for both on one day is difficult though, so seeing them on separate days is probably for the best. But this is the same for a lot of relationships, I often have a lot of stuff on/am away during 'actual' valentine's day, so if I do celebrate it, it's on a different day. Although I've never really celebrated it the 'proper' way anyway. First one I celebrated, I got my boyfriend at the time a pair of leather gloves rather than chocolate or a card and last valentine's I sent my boyfriend a joke card with a photo of the two of us the front and a caption that said:

'Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I like girls,
I guess you'll do.'

He completely cracked and up reading it and it's now pride of place on our mantelpiece :P

Maybe, on the day itself, you could send them both a card/chocolates/anything else you think would make them feel loved an appreciated.