Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Now, it could be that JP and J mean something else by "veto" and that they're just using the wrong word, or it could be that you misunderstood the meaning of veto. I, personally, would want to find out which one it is. I don't think I could be with someone whose partner has permission to send me packing.
Perhaps "veto" is not the best word, but our definition of it is that J can end an outside relationship that JP is involved in at any time. Like I said before, as far as I know all previous "relationships" that JP has had have only been of a sexual nature. We are still figuring out how this particular relationship is going. This may be something that J needs or may be something that will be renegotiated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Myself, I would probably be worrying more that J is agreeing to have me there for JP's sake. Have you asked JP whether this was his idea or hers? Are her other close friends going to be there, or just you three?.
Inviting me was J's idea. The three of us are going to a nice restaurant for dinner. J does not have a lot of close friends and is not a very social person so she is not comfortable with large groups. We spend most weekends hanging out together.
J: my metamour and one of my best friends