Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
In a way, for me all time is away from my alone time (which is necessary for recharging). Even when I really really want to do something, the time spent on it is still away from my own time. That has two consequences. I just can't do all the things I want to do, no matter how much I would like to. But also, besides things I have to do, I only choose to do things I very much want to do.
This is really important to remember. For an extrovert, like me, it's easy to forget how it works for introverts, and how much of a gift their presence is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
About telling Gia, maybe frame it in terms of the issue still being sensitive, but that you don't wish to limit her. Not saying that you won't feel anything negative, but saying that you want her to make her own decisions and set her own priorities regardless. That you wish her to take your feelings into account as one aspect of her decision making, rather than to set your limitations on her.
I like this framing of it. We'll talk soon, I think.

Tags
bisexual, boundaries, mono/poly, pregnancy, secondary, unrequited, vee