Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 04:36 AM

My first week on OKCupid, Wendigo's wife, Pretty Lady's cousin messaged me asking if I knew her. . . . I finally had to respond that I did because I had put that she's one of my favorite authors, but it was really awkward because I do mention having a husband and boyfriend in my profile and they are not out to their family.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 AM

I would like to spit in my schedule sometimes....

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Oh wow, that's funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
As a fiction writer, I feel like I want to write a story about who this guy is and what this means. It's so weird!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
He's obviously a time-traveler from another planet whose only connection to the rest of the living world is to constantly see to find Mary through her different incarnations, through time and space.

Put yourself in his shoes, he must be very lonely other than that.
Hehe!

Latest one:

Quote:
You're very beautiful how are you doing tonight?So you think you can keep up and handle a younger man who is hung like a horse?
I immediately responded:

Quote:
"A horse's penis (from geldings and stallions) averages at around 24 to 30 inches long, or 2.5 to 3.5 feet long, depending on whether it's erect or not."

Poor dear. Must be tough to find the right woman. :P
He didnt respond to that.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 01-05-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
Has anyone else read through the "nice guys" of okcupid Tumblr?

No doubt every one of the guys featured honestly wonders why women (or, as some of them seem to prefer "those bitches") aren't throwing themselves at him in droves.
I apologize, this is slightly off-topic, but I just read this amazing article, and it repeats a whole bunch of stuff these 'nice guys' say. It's about misogyny in the world of gamers, and I wept through most of it. It's long, and beautiful, and it has gone a long way towards healing me tonight.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/m..._Daughter.html

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 01-05-2013, 02:51 PM

@NovemberRain, thank you for linking. I read it and posted it elsewhere.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 PM

How I love the one liners:

your hair color can kill ,, you know this ?!

Hm ... I hope there haven't been casualties up to now that I need to worry about

My Blog
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
I apologize, this is slightly off-topic, but I just read this amazing article, and it repeats a whole bunch of stuff these 'nice guys' say. It's about misogyny in the world of gamers, and I wept through most of it. It's long, and beautiful, and it has gone a long way towards healing me tonight.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/m..._Daughter.html
I've seen that article before and I want to discuss it but I dont want to derail this thread, I'll open a new thread for it.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...024#post176024
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."
Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM

Default Oh, the bullshit is to thick I can barely wade through it.

"if u held up 11 roses into a mirror, you'd be looking at 12 of the most beautiful things in the world ..my eyes couldnt ignore your beauty baby , i really couldnt take my eyes away from ur pic wondering who is the lucky guy will spend even a moment with you ? i offer for u my empty heart do u offer for me a chance to talk ? take care please the world need a smile like urs hope to hear from u soon"

ROFL. Please restrain me from giving into temptation and replying to him!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
"if u held up 11 roses into a mirror, you'd be looking at 12 of the most beautiful things in the world ..my eyes couldnt ignore your beauty baby , i really couldnt take my eyes away from ur pic wondering who is the lucky guy will spend even a moment with you ? i offer for u my empty heart do u offer for me a chance to talk ? take care please the world need a smile like urs hope to hear from u soon"

ROFL. Please restrain me from giving into temptation and replying to him!
I love how they tell you how much they want you, but don't have any ability to sell themselves. It's like, OK, I know you want "me" (ie: you're horny), why should I want you? Just your own desire does not inspire mine!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I love how they tell you how much they want you, but don't have any ability to sell themselves. It's like, OK, I know you want "me" (ie: you're horny), why should I want you? Just your own desire does not inspire mine!
Very true! I also hate messages from people that have no bothered to answer a single question. It's a tool to help define who you are, so use it so that others can determine if you're their flavor or not.

Tags
communication, online dating