Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 12:06 AM

I have more one on one experience, and as of yet, Master has decided he's too shy about our play time to go out and "scene" in front of people, but he has just recently taken me out on two occasions while wearing my collar and leash, a small step, but very invigorating and I loved every minute

we've tried/done all sorts of things so far bloodplay, knifeplay, blindfolds, handcuffs, breathplay/choking, spanking, toys of an assorted variety, most recent purchase was a very nice hefty flogger and a small whip, we purchased them at a flea market, very good price, very lovely pieces, work well and have shown no signs or wear or tear, so just keep your eyes open and you may find good deals as far as buying toys goes, I would also suggest getting to know the person your buying from and letting them know your excited about your purchase, may encourage them to give a good discount, just a thought

practicalities - toybox or no toybox? if your lucky enough to have room/space for one and no little people to get into it, good on you, if you do need to worry of little ones, find somewhere they can't get into but close to where you like to play, and if you can't get an actual toybox, use a nice big duffle bag or anythign that easily holds your goodies but doesn't harm them (i.e. no scratching or denting of items).

for anyone looking into getting a collar, you should really take some time to consider what you and your partner would like, they have leather ones, metal ones, chain ones, all kinds now to choose from depending on how much you can spend.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:35 AM

My friend came over yesterday for coffee with Mono and I and we talked about the up coming event we are attending. I am interested in play that doesn't involve sex at the end and a public event is a great place to make sure that doesn't happen until feeling comfortable with one another enough that we could be alone.... not that I will find anyone to play with, but that is the idea I have...

Anyway, I have never told this friend any of this and he is not an interest of mine, but he has friends in the poly and kink community and expressed that he thinks most people want the happy ending that comes with kink play/BDsm. The way he put it is "I'm not going to take the beating without having an orgasm at the end."

What's the thoughts on this? Am I shit out of luck in finding playmates that are okay with the no sex thing? I'm thinking there is a group of people that just want a certain level of play and that I will find them..
Old 12-31-2009, 09:41 AM

RP- i have no doubt that you can find what you are looking for. I've been to a few events where it was explicitly understood, that everyone was looking to "play", without a happy ending. Good Luck!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:59 AM

I've gone to a munch for one of the local BDSM communities. My love came with me. I was very nervous. But as usual I found that they were very friendly folks and there was cake

We're planning on going to more of their events. I do have certain desires but as with all hoped for relationships, they will have to come naturally even within BDSM.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~
Old 12-31-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
My friend came over yesterday for coffee with Mono and I and we talked about the up coming event we are attending. I am interested in play that doesn't involve sex at the end and a public event is a great place to make sure that doesn't happen until feeling comfortable with one another enough that we could be alone.... not that I will find anyone to play with, but that is the idea I have...

Anyway, I have never told this friend any of this and he is not an interest of mine, but he has friends in the poly and kink community and expressed that he thinks most people want the happy ending that comes with kink play/BDsm. The way he put it is "I'm not going to take the beating without having an orgasm at the end."

What's the thoughts on this? Am I shit out of luck in finding playmates that are okay with the no sex thing? I'm thinking there is a group of people that just want a certain level of play and that I will find them..
i find your friend's attitude very wierd for lots of reasons.

perhaps things are different where you are but here in london it is extremely common for people to do scenes where there is no genital contact at all, and no expectation of a guaranteed orgasm.

in fact, especially at public parties, i would say from my own experiences and observations (i am big on voyeurism and also on talking about sex with anyone willing!) that this is actually more common than your friend's attitude. in some circles it is frowned upon to have an attitude like his.

reading his words as you quote them, i actually wonder if he even enjoys the beating or just "takes it" in order to get his orgasm at the end? if so why he is involved with bdsm in the first place? the beating is the sex, it is an end in itself, ffs!

over here we tend to get very annoyed if folk refer to genital contact and/or orgasm as being sex if it implies that other bdsm practises aren't. we have a very broad definition of what counts as sex! thankfully.

for me its really not an issue as i tend to orgasm quite easily without any genital contact or effort on the part of my playmate(s) because i find it so incredibly sexy to be bound in the first place and that's often enough for me. flogging, spanking, etc, is a bonus which i thoroughly enjoy, and i do also enjoy vanilla forms of sexual interraction including even the old missionary position with penetration, but i am lucky in that i can get off in many diverse ways! including by giving pleasure and/or pain to another without them actually touching me at all...

remember what you know deep down, that this is about pleasing yourself and your playmate, NOBODY ELSE!

before any play session of any kind, it is always good to talk through our hopes and desires, as well as our boundaries and limits. this is not only very sexy in itself but also ensures compatibility and mutual pleasure when the scene is under way. the fact you might not want intercourse or genital play is just one of many things you will probably want to communicate with any potential playmate about before commencing play, i wouldn't make it any bigger a deal than that frankly.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 AM

I'll add a different perspective that's on topic for this thread.

I'm not into BDSM in the slightest, though my wife is. It's the primary motivation for her and her sexual openness in terms of seeing other partners.

I'm kind of "into the scene" because it matters to her, though.

Glad to see people finding and getting what they enjoy.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
i find your friend's attitude very wierd for lots of reasons.
thanks for bringing that up. I too have found this and as a result was intrigued by his thoughts. It does sound much like he would just take it so he can get laid after that... I guess there is no harm in that, but just not what I would want.

At play events here there is the same standard and practice as you explain about London. At home I will engage in play that will end in sex, or revolves around genitals. He was talking about a private party, and possibly just him and another that are interested in each other. That would make a difference I think. I have never seen him play at an event. Then again I have only been to one he has been at.

Yes, it is about the people playing and their relationship to each other and their negotiated arrangements. I have that worked out,,, just need to find someone that is interested.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 AM

Default Questions

Just a curiosity question (now that I'm getting caught up on the boards again)

I have no involvement in any get togethers (BDSM, Swinger, poly etc).

But I am CLEARLY in a long term poly dynamic.
I also have a clear interest in BDSM, but not so much in the public gatherings.

Anyone on here participate in D/s dynamics that don't playout only in a "scene"?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:41 AM

Great thread!

redpepper-- I have to agree that our friend's attitude about sex and S&M in public play spaces is not the norm in my area. I am in So Cal and attend parties fairl regularly. Even at the places that allow penetration, it isn't something that always takes place. I actuall very seldom see it happen. I have attended BDSM conferences across the US and have found it to be the same so I think ou have a very good chance at finding play partners who do not expect sex.

My advice would be to be very open about what you want, your expectations and ask them the same. There are also always alternatives for people who enjoy sexual release along with their S&M play. You can negotiate the possibility of a "hand job" or of some dirty talk or what have you while they pleasure themself to finish things off. Doesn't always have to be tab A into slot B or similar. Have fun with it.

Also, check your local community events. I know ClubX in San Diego does something called an Exploratorium before each play party. It is open to the public and for something like $5 or $10 a person can go in and wander from station to station trying things out. They often have a flogger and whip station where someone who is knowledgable in those skills will either flog/whip you or give you pointers on weilding the impliments yourself. They usuall have a needle/sharps station, one for electrical play, paddles and other impact toys, inkless tattoos... etc. It is a great experience for people who want to try things before buying or maybe ask questions on what is best to purchase.

I also recently went to an educational presentation on making our own toys from things you can find around your house or at the hardware store for cheap. It was fabulous! Anway, check around and see if any of the groups near you offer anything of the sort. If not, maybe suggest someone starts. lol
Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Just a curiosity question (now that I'm getting caught up on the boards again)

I have no involvement in any get togethers (BDSM, Swinger, poly etc).

But I am CLEARLY in a long term poly dynamic.
I also have a clear interest in BDSM, but not so much in the public gatherings.

Anyone on here participate in D/s dynamics that don't playout only in a "scene"?
I'm in the same situation. I lurk along with a few of the BDSM groups in my area on FetLife, most of them host munches and play parties... and it often feels like the discussion online is often about play party activities, so I know I feel intimidated to check out a munch because I'm not interested in doing any play that isn't totally private.

Tags
bdsm, d/s, dominant, fetishes, metamours, poly, relationships, sex play, submissive