Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Default Trying to cope with a new envy/jealousy.

So I guess the first step is to figure out which it is. I think it's more envy because I don't want others to lose it, just be able to have it every now and then myself.

Before I explain what it is I want to get a generalized type answers on how to go about addressing this new feeling with my paramour and getting myself to stop beating myself up over it.

So general question. Have any of you found yourself getting envious or jealous about something that has never bothered you before? How did you cope with accepting or understanding why it may have changed (hence why I'm beating myself up, why would it bug me now if it never did before)? Also how did you approach your paramour about the change in your emotions to fill them in?

Just in case the specifics are needed. I've recently found myself feeling envious or jealous because every night Primal and I have together at least one of us has to work the next morning. We don't ever have a day with no following obligations to just chill out together. That's not the case for Lamian or Peaseblossum. It's never bothered me before and I keep making my head hurt trying to figure out why it does now.
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive