Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 AM

I think it's weird when some people read like half the profile and then write a message. I once got a message from a guy who said in the message that he loves the polyamorous lifestyle and would like to get to know me. I looked at his profile and he had answered one of the questions that homosexuality is a sin and also that contraception is morally wrong. I make it clear in my profile that I'm in a relationship with a woman and also, no contraception in poly arrangement?? He was probably planning to start a harem and make babies with all the straight women in it.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:15 PM

In my inbox this morning:

hi, can i tie you up and eat your asshole?

He really knows how to approach people. Ugh.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:13 PM

^ Eewww!!! Blech!

- - -
This morning I received this message from a 60% match who lives in Israel (I'm in the US): "merry christmas from the sun"

Last night I received this one from a 54% match: "Hi, I love the hair..Very beautiful! Jimmy"

Also wondering why I am recently getting a slew of guys in the UK checking me out. It seems that views by people in certain locales weirdly come in waves.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 12-24-2012, 08:32 AM

A guy just sent me this:
wow!.. Just Read through your profile, i love what ive seen and I would Be most Honored if you Grant Me the opportunity to Open a communication Line,Learn about each other, what Our Preferences are, and see the possibility of Chemistry btween Us..been a widower for 6years, got 2 wonderful Kids, that comes after My God, cos God comes first in my everyday doing.I Truly pray & hope Age Difference, Race/Color, Distance doesnt Pre Define your Match, but what they've got at Heart. Because Most people make those 3 a priority in choosing friend and Partner which in my Opinion is very wrong.. Aint nothing Wrong in Making friends.. Hope to Read from You soon, you may Kindly leave ma a Write back Email. I get that done swiftly cos its configures on my Mobile, and Dnt worry much I aint No stalker, life is filled with Opportunities than to Stalk..worst case scenerio we just make friends.
Have a Blissful Holidays.
Why he wrote me, I don't know. Clearly he did not read my profile, since it says I am an agnostic and pretty serious about it, and all my Questions about god and religion would indicate that I am not a match with someone whose "everyday doing" is all about some form of religiosity.

I am so glad he ain't no stalker so I don't need to worry much, but he ain't no speller, either.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 PM

And the sad thing is, he's probably sent that same message to a thousand women.

I keep getting messages from guys who say, I love your profile and pix, if you're interested, write me back.

Can't they say ONE THING they like about my profile? One. Darn. Thing.

I did chat with a 31 yr old today on okc's chat, and then we moved to yahoo chat. He seemed nice, smart, tall, gainfully employed, friendly, and I was screening him and even eventually asked if he was poly and kinky and he was...

But finally I asked when he last had a gf. He said, 3 years. Nothing in all those years but "a few dates."

Um. Real interested in kink and relationships, there, buddy.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 AM

So, since this thread doesn't have to be solely about the eejits we find on OKC, I thought I'd include a little bit of the initial message I received from someone last week. He and I have been messaging and are planning to meet in person this Friday at a very nice Irish pub. I think the part I liked best about his first message, which was fairly long, is this:
I am basically looking for a friend/lover/muse. If it develops into something more, then so be it. If not, hopefully it would be a worthy life adventure for both people.
From that, I thought that he seems to have an attitude that could work well with mine, and our conversation has been pretty cool. I am not too sure if I will be attracted to him physically, as he is not the general type I go for, but I'm willing to give him a whirl. At least a first date whirl.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 AM

Has anyone else read through the "nice guys" of okcupid Tumblr?

No doubt every one of the guys featured honestly wonders why women (or, as some of them seem to prefer "those bitches") aren't throwing themselves at him in droves.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
Has anyone else read through the "nice guys" of okcupid Tumblr?
Wow. This is both hilarious and depressing.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
Wow. This is both hilarious and depressing.
Although I don't think it's appropriate to post the pictures of the guys. Not cool.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
A guy just sent me this:
wow!.. Just Read through your profile, i love what ive seen and I would Be most Honored if you Grant Me the opportunity to Open a communication Line,Learn about each other, what Our Preferences are, and see the possibility of Chemistry btween Us..been a widower for 6years, got 2 wonderful Kids, that comes after My God, cos God comes first in my everyday doing.I Truly pray & hope Age Difference, Race/Color, Distance doesnt Pre Define your Match, but what they've got at Heart. Because Most people make those 3 a priority in choosing friend and Partner which in my Opinion is very wrong.. Aint nothing Wrong in Making friends.. Hope to Read from You soon, you may Kindly leave ma a Write back Email. I get that done swiftly cos its configures on my Mobile, and Dnt worry much I aint No stalker, life is filled with Opportunities than to Stalk..worst case scenerio we just make friends.
Have a Blissful Holidays.
Why he wrote me, I don't know.
Scammer Grammar. A few messages down the line would come the sob story of being stranded and needing money to get home.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.

Tags
communication, online dating