Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Can I ask, how are you and CG currently getting along? Did things smooth out after those initial conversations? Any idea why she initially reacted so crazy-like? Did she think you were being too forward, or too reserved?
Much better. She apparently had me sectioned off into an off-limits part of her brain, due to the monogamy label and it threw her for a bit of a loop. Also, since I'm one of her best friends, it isn't like taking up a casual fling. Plus, the campsite rule of "leaving people better than how you found them" seems like an obligation she feels toward people new to non-monogamy.

Quote:
Keep up the good communication between you and DH, and try to increase/enhance your communication with CG as well. And about those "not yes and not no" questions, if they are still bothering you, don't hesitate to post them and I'll try to give you a definite yes or no.
It is funny. Before this, CG and I were totally clear on communication for school/work whatever. With this, it seems like we've made everything more complicated.

As to the yes/no questions...she hasn't even told me whether she thinks I'm attractive. Or whether she wants to do things with me. They are her-specific.
Developed a fast and accidental crush on then-best-friend, CG (cute-girl) and world fell apart after telling said girl. Came here for advice and info in case it became a thing. It didn't, but the friendship exploded. Turned world a bit upside-down, hence the moniker. ::sigh::
Old 12-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Official Greeter

Re:
Quote:
"As to the yes/no questions ... she hasn't even told me whether she thinks I'm attractive. Or whether she wants to do things with me. They are her-specific."
Huh. And you've asked her straight-up? Obviously I couldn't say whether she's into you in that way; if she won't or can't tell you, you'll have to wait until she can figure it out for herself.

Based on the kissing and holding hands you mentioned (Post #3), she must be into you a little. Based on the information so far, I am guessing she is in the process of making up her mind about how deep this into-you-ness goes, and hasn't come to a decision yet.

What about you and your husband? Any major obstacles in that relationship?

I hope we can be of some help.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Huh. And you've asked her straight-up? Obviously I couldn't say whether she's into you in that way; if she won't or can't tell you, you'll have to wait until she can figure it out for herself.
I have. She's unsure about the whole thing as she does the random-making-out with strangers thing with people she's not into, but since we already have a rather important relationship, she had to figure out if she has romantic/physical leanings in my direction. Told me she's thinking, and so I wait.

Quote:
Based on the kissing and holding hands you mentioned (Post #3), she must be into you a little. Based on the information so far, I am guessing she is in the process of making up her mind about how deep this into-you-ness goes, and hasn't come to a decision yet.
Sorta. I suspect she's being kind with those things as, as I said, she snuggles and kisses friends she isn't into because it feels nice. We'll see, I suppose.

Quote:
What about you and your husband? Any major obstacles in that relationship?
Not a one, really. We've been through so much that I think it would take even more than this to rock our boat more than a little. I have baseless fears, and he does as well, but we're close, have a fulfilling sex life, a sometimes D/s relationship with each other and the firm belief in the foundation of our partnership, whatever life may bring.
Developed a fast and accidental crush on then-best-friend, CG (cute-girl) and world fell apart after telling said girl. Came here for advice and info in case it became a thing. It didn't, but the friendship exploded. Turned world a bit upside-down, hence the moniker. ::sigh::
Old 12-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Official Greeter

Well, that's good. Hopefully CG will get things figured out eventually.